Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow chains....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One other little bit of advice, if you're fitting them in snow (like I was earlier this week), and if your tyre size is at the upper end of the range of sizes that will fit the chains, it's worth having a little trowel with you to dig out the snow under the tyres as I couldn't fit the chains over my wheels at first - the hook was about 3 or 4 inches short of where it needed to latch onto.

Once I'd dug out a little bit of snow it was not a problem and they fitted fine.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's even easier to get them on if you have a couple of bits of 4 *2 and just bang them under the tyres then drive up on them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought a set of Thule K-Summit's last year as my car has clearance issues. Yes they are expensive, but they fit on in 1 minute flat per wheel and work brilliantly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, thanks.

They seemed fine when I tried them out in my nice, dry driveway a couple of weeks ago, and so I'll have them in the boot when I take her car up to the resorts of the day - my car is a complete disaster even with Winter tyres, whereas hers was great in the recent snowfalls with just All Season tyres on, driving past me with a smug smile as I was struggling to get my chains on. Razz
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy