Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just booked flights to Geneva airport for this Thursday... wheres best for good snow and apres ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Me and a mate have jsut booked flights arriving into Geneva airport Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday evening.

Wheres the best resort to go for good skiing and lively apres ski?? I was thinking Meribel but will it be busy enough?

If anyone can reccomend anywhere it would be great, as were leaving it a bit late!

Cheers,

Dan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D4N, it's tipping it down with rain in meribel at present, I think, and likely to continue for a while. Val Thorens would be better - it should be snowing up that high. Long transfer for a weekend though. Grand Montets, Chamonix, maybe? Looks pretty chilly up there for the weekend, though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The French resorts have taken a pasting from the rain... Verbier might work?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D4N, Chamonix,,, Le Grand Montets,, seems to be Ok,,, the best for you now when you will arrived at Geneva,,,,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D4N, I agree withfreeheelskier, Chamonix, as the town is pretty big and open all year round so more likely to have more people there than just people who are staff in resort and plenty of bars to choose . Another plus side is that its only 45 mins fron Geneva.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for Grand Montets /chamonix
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D4N, Is Meribel even properly open yet?

Rain near geneva now till 2,2 - 2,400 if Chamonix meteo to be believed and my scouts relate you can see the peaks through the rain (not a good sign). Forecast to get colder for the weekend with some snow but maybe not enough to repair the slopes below, say, 2,000.

Grands Montets, maybe Verbier, or Tignes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, As U can see D4N, Have just the weekend,,, so Chamonix must be the best choice,,,
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Im glad i came on here now!! I nearly booked the hotel in Miribel earlier today!

So everyone thinks that Chamonix will be the best option then? It sounds a lot better, transfers are shorter, more people and hopefully better snow...

Anyone got any ideas where to stay, somewhere thats easy to get back from a night out and not too far to the lifts in the morning...

Thanks for the info!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was in Tignes last week - snow excellent. Weather varying between overcast and bloody freezing, and clear blue skies and f***ing freezing Very Happy skiing was excellent. Not sure what the weather is doing this week
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Val Thorens would be better - it should be snowing up that high. Long transfer for a weekend though.

Not really. It's only 2 hours and 15 minutes in the car. Not bad for guaranteed decent snow....

Grand Montets will take about an hour less but you might find the area very limited at this time of year. We've been there before Christmas a couple of times and found only 1 main piste open....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just make sure to check if the lifts are open ! Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Go as far east as you will feel reasonable for a weekend.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D4N, I´m complete sure Bergmeister, will loose his licence if he drive to Val Thorens 2h15min,,, I live here,,, But if U want to spend 3h for driving I maby think for this weekend Cervinia is the best choice,,, U can ski over to Zermatt,, they had alot of snow, and there is skiing up to 3800m, and the Weather Forecast says degrees below zero from 2000m this weekend,,,, goodluck wherever U go,,,,
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have had a cancellation of a quad room available on www.skiandboardcamp.com from 9th - 12th December at £185 per person including Geneva transfers, Espace Killy lift pass, three nights catered accmmmodation and equipment use.

Contact joanne.mountainsunltd@talktalk.net if of interest.
snow report
D4N, that offer from mountainsun looks just what you need - grab it quick. anything else will cost you a whole heap more.
ski holidays
The people who have cancelled are also willing to sell their flights and car parking at a very reduced rate!
snow conditions
Recommendation from me for mountainsun - had a great time there a month ago. The only downside is that the transfer is longer than Chamonix, but everything else in the package was great. And for that price...
snow report
and since much snow at lower altitudes has now been washed away by rain, another good reason to go to Tignes. Meribel must be a mudfest.
ski holidays
Did you guys book? I tried to contact them but no reply for some reason!
snow report
D4N, Tignes great this time of year, wrap up warm - think you'll struggle for apres anywhere in France right now but try Alpaca in Tignes great place.
snow report
Meribel is always bad, don't even consider it.
snow report
It's certainly bad at the moment - reported by a Man on the Spot today. And it's unlikely to improve before Thursday.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the advice guys... Ive ended up booking Chamonix, got an apartment right in the centre so should be ok, i spoke to someone there earlier today and they said it looks ok for skiing this weekend, my friend has only been once before so even if there are just a few runs open it shuld be ok!!

Im sure we'll sniff out any apres ski going on, hopefully at least one of the bars/clubs will be busy enough to have a good night!

Ill let you all know what its like when im back, Cheers!
ski holidays
D4N, Have fun. snowHead
snow report
Quote:

I´m complete sure Bergmeister, will loose his licence if he drive to Val Thorens 2h15min

155km in 2 and a quarter hours.

By my reckoning that's an average speed of a whopping 68.9 kmph Shocked

We go via Annecy and then when I hit the motorway I drive at 130kmph. I'm not sure how risky that is in terms of retaining my driving licence.... Puzzled
ski holidays
Bergmeister, Ok,,, but U have to take care about,,, you will not be alone one the road,, afternoon to drive highroad to passed Annecy can be real heavy,,, I drive about 3 month every 5 days per week, Annecy- Chambery, the distance is 50km,, so that should take max 35 min,, but sometimes that distans with heavy traffic and alot of cars passing the peage,,, it can take 1h 15min,,, theory is one thing, EXPERIENCE is complete different,,,, and U know about ,,, there can be snow to,,,,,,
ski holidays
And I forget to say to U,, the Highroad from Geneva airport to Val Thorens is 196 km,,,,
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You need to go somewhere high...how about the Espace Killy?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy