Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Perfect Christmas Gift for an OBSESSED Skier -- HELP needed!

Poster: A snowHead
"Freestyling" suggests he likes doing jumps and tricks, particularly in the "terrain park" (with specially built jumps and rails). It might also include freeskiing off-piste (ie away from the groomed and flattened snow and marked routes, where you can make fresh tracks) - but I don't know if this applies to him.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hip flask, full.

Beside my board, its my most loved piece of kit. Makes every uplift an absolute pleasure, and every downhill that bit braver.

Strax
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd agree that a nice hip flask with a bottle of someting tasty (my sister recently gave me a bottle of the The Balvenie Signature which I can highly reccommend) would be an awesome present.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
--

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 10-12-10 9:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CluelessSkiersGirlfriend, could you/he between you afford for you to go to VT with him? If so, you could give him a nice pressie like the socks (which I think are a great idea) plus you could write in his card how much you look forward to learning to ski so you can share the enjoyment with him. When is he going to VT... not the end of April by any chance.... he isn't a Snow head himself is he & going on the End of Season Bash (trip)?? That'd be really amusing wouldn't it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Why not take him out for a kebab instead?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
--

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 10-12-10 9:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
--

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 10-12-10 9:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My favourite ski pressie is my boot dryers.I wouldn't be without them.I thought they were a gimmick when I got them but I was so wrong.Nice dry boots every morning no matter where you are, as long as you can access electricity.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Light the Wick DVD. And a pair of Falke Energizing socks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pansy Potter, Welcome to sH's snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pansy Potter, good shout, excellent shout, cant believe it aint been mentioned already
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jasongibson100 wrote:
£50

Ok here's some ideas

A good pair of ski socks, not the great thick tube socks you get for a fiver, a good pair will cost around £20
and will have a high % of merino wool

It's often worth looking in TK Maxx for socks - we've picked up Salomon branded merino wool ski sock in there for under £5 a pair, on occasion.

My wife recently got some Ecolips lipsalve, containing caffeine and stuff (makes the lips tingle!!) - a nice thing about these is the large blob on the lid, which means it can be clipped into a pocket, and is easier to use gloved . . . . .and very cheap!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
--

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 10-12-10 9:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Would you say learning to Ski is easy?

Some people find it easy - some don't. And it's not necessarily the super-jocks who find it easy - though being reasonably fit and not overweight helps a lot.

Give it a go - you might surprise yourself.
snow report
CluelessSkiersGirlfriend, boot dryers are great and work a treat. Like you, I'm not sure though that a 22yr old guy would appreciate them. Yes I'm sure he would appreciate warm dry boots every morning but not convinced that he would be bothered bringing extra clobber.
I only bought one relatively recently as we regularly stay in an apartment that hasn't got a boot room/dryer and we drive so it takes up a tiny space. But you know him heaps better than us Very Happy

ps as well as drying boots, the best bit, imo, is being able to dry the inside of gloves properly which get far wetter than the insides of my ski boots Very Happy
snow report
Pansy Potter wrote:
My favourite ski pressie is my boot dryers.I wouldn't be without them.I thought they were a gimmick when I got them but I was so wrong.Nice dry boots every morning no matter where you are, as long as you can access electricity.

Yes, awesome idea. I didn't think of that because I don't have boot dryers, but pulling your boots apart every night can be a pain, especially with footbeds. As far as being a "cool" thing, its not something he will be showing off to all his friends on the mountain, but it is a very handy gift. I am 23 and I would enjoy a nice boot drier a lot.

If you go skiing with him, just remember that he might want some time to himself to ski the things he wants to ski, and take that time to really work on your own skiing. I thought it was a great idea to teach my girlfriend to ski and frankly I regret it, she holds me back and won't ski on her own. If she was motivated enough to go on her own and practice and didn't mind me ditching her to ski fun terrain that would be one thing, but I think she just skis because she thinks I want her to. Although she seems to be enjoying it more now and more willing, but we'll see.
ski holidays
the bestest bit about boot dryers is switch em back on in the morning while having brekky and then step into toasty boots for the hill (or just leave em on all night)

definitely a great present
snow report
Boot dryer? Buy him a hair dryer-much more practical.

I have been skiing for 30 years and the amount of crap up for sale now is astonishing.
snow report
kevin mcclean, honestly they're great (ya crotchety old git!). Agree with you about the amount of crap available but boot dryers are good uns
latest report
I've got a boot drier and was singing their praises on SH's only the other day - great things, nothing like putting the tootsies into toasty warm boots IMV.
snow report
I'll second the hip flask idea, you could fill it with his favourite skiing tipple too, won't break the bank and the novelty factor is there without it being a useless gadget!! Oh and get yourself some lessons, why let him have all the fun!!

Edited to say.... DOH, read further down and realised that you say he doesn't drink....ignore this post!!
snow conditions
I love my boot dryers! But I'm female and quite a bit older than 22 Sad .
ski holidays
CluelessSkiersGirlfriend, have you considered a helmet cam? Nothing that blokes like more than to show off their exploits...
latest report
CluelessSkiersGirlfriend wrote:
He's going as part of an Uni trip.....
Would love to get him a hip flask...unfortunately he doesn't drink
Is this a wind up Puzzled
Can you trust a man who does not drink Puzzled
Buy him some gloves unless you like cold hands. wink
snow report
--

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 10-12-10 9:29; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Quote:

I'm confused Lechbob...genuinely not trying to argue, just intrigued Smile by "Can you trust a man who does not drink"...I'm confused!

Nah you're not the one who's confused. Does he also make his own dresses? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I use the silica filled pouches to dry my boots (Dryzone) - makes quite a difference and I just leave them near a heater or in the apartment sun during the day to dry them out. No really a sexy present though but damn useful on a weeks trip to cold climes. https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/products/?dv=3&value=360

http://www.solutions4feet.co.uk/catalogue_item.php?catID=1070&prodID=11530&PHPSESSID=c43723ad913d9cb4e1c800e3281a250e

Or get 'em from the States or ebay if hte UK stores are out of stock.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
--

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 10-12-10 9:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I'm confused Lechbob...genuinely not trying to argue, just intrigued Smile by "Can you trust a man who does not drink"...I'm confused!

man+university+skiing = drinking...it goes with the territory..... no drinking does not compute !
How well do you know him ? I think you need to go to Val Thorens to keep an eye on him wink
snow conditions
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 10-12-10 9:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
kevin mcclean wrote:
Boot dryer? Buy him a hair dryer-much more practical
You old romatic Sad

Well I know him well enough

Val Thorens can be bitterly cold at the top, get him a willie-warmer, or better still knit it yourself, sizing can be an issue. wink
snow report
Lechbob wrote:

Val Thorens can be bitterly cold at the top, get him a willie-warmer, or better still DO it yourself, sizing can be an issue. wink

fixed it for ya!!
latest report
jasongibson100 wrote:
I went away skiing with my Ex missus once

The clue is there somewhere Laughing

Must of been the effect of spending more than 24hrs with you!
snow report
What happened to the posts by the OP - were they spammed in the finish and modded?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy