Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Four Legged Friends on Ski Holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I have not posted on here for a year or so but now I am back and looking forward to a trip to 3V in Feb/Mar 2011.

I have used the search facility to no avail, my question for regular travellers to France who take their pooches with them is can anybody recommend a vet in the Tarentaise area, Meribel, Moutiers, Albertville or failing that anywhere between Albertville and Calais near the autoroute that we can use to give our dog her tapeworm / tick treatment if we take her skiing with us next year. She already has helmet, shades, sun cream for nose and is looking forward to her trip.

Cheers,
Trenmold
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trenmold, you could try PMing Hells Bells, who takes her dog regularly I believe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK Thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems a great idea!!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images9/AMPOODLEJazzRoxSkis.jpg
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trenmold, sorry I can't help, as I use a vet in Briancon, but I will possibly be looking myself, as Meg may be coming to the eosb with us, and we will need a vet there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know about a vet, but I do know of a taxidermist in Seez, should the worst happen
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Don't know about a vet, but I do know of a taxidermist in Seez, should the worst happen
The Voice of Reason,

Very good!! Now please get stuffed. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Trenmold, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't you drop them off at dog hotel type places, so you can enjoy your holiday without walking the thing and picking up its shite, twice a day?

What does it do whilst you are skiing?

Seems rather cruel to me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bar shaker. taking her on holiday is far less cruel than her fretting in a kennel.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bar shaker, And drop the kids off with social services whilst you're at it, I suppose. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We'll be taking the dog again as well as the new one, not too sure in what order yet as we'll leave one at home for a few weeks then my mate will bring the other one out.....

And they have a great time whilst we're out then get to go out to the bar in the evening - Pooch is a bit of a celebrity in Mojos and le Frog for her antics - next year will be her third!

[/img]

More photos from last years (2009) blog http://www.gavinbaylis.com/ski/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We used one in St Julien en Genevois a few years ago, which is near to Geneva (but in France). I can see if I can find any paperwork with their name.

Bear in mind though that the checks need to be done between 24 & 48 hours before your channel crossing, so it will be better to find one nearer to your resort if you're planning to drive straight up to the channel ports so that you don't waste a day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, Great pictures (and great blog too) Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You appear to have a Rattus dumbesticus(sic). They come in two varieties, one a snarling, foul tempered, poop machine, the other . . .
latest report
bar shaker, suspect you're not a dog owner. Meg loves her skiing holidays. She makes sure we are up in good time, goes and gets the breakfast, then takes us to the pub for apre ski and food. During the day she guards the chalet. This consists of her going to sleep as soon as we are out.
ski holidays
I'd love to take our two Springerdors on a ski week, they love the snow. Any dog friendly apartments available?

This was them up at Yad Moss last year

snow report
Cptsideways, Awww gorgeous. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Cptsideways, I have a doggy friendly apartment.
latest report
We normally take our two but not this year as we are flying!

Izzy

Harvey and Izzy off on a walk in Murren
snow report
Doesn't look anytwhere cold enough for Harvey and Izzy to be truly comfortable. Smile
Does anybody ski with thier dog? I've ssen a few on piste and I shared a chair with a German Shepherd in Bansko... his owner was on the chair behind!
snow report
This is the way to do it:

I tried this. The hound thought it far more fun to run round in circles, tangle me up bringing me to the ground, when she could then sobber me.

ps

Its called Skijor in Norway/Swden/Finland/US
snow report
adithorp, I've seen dogs on th piste in La Rosiere, but they belonged to the pisters who used them at the end of the day to make sure the slopes were clear.
snow report
Trenmold,

A quick google of vets in Bourg St Maurice threw up this thread. Snowheads were very helpful in 2007 snowHead wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32164
snow report
genepi,

Thanks - When I get around to organising it if I find a helpful vet I will post details here.
snow report
Trenmold, did you find a suitable vet?
snow report
[quote="snow_muncher"]This is the way to do it:

I tried this. The hound thought it far more fun to run round in circles, tangle me up bringing me to the ground, when she could then sobber me.]

i'm not sure we want to know in a family forum ...
snow conditions
Hells Bells,

Yes we did find a suitable vets:

Clinique Vétérinaire des Vignes
2 rue Bourgelat
21 200 BEAUNE
tel : 03-80-24-70-60
fax : 03-80-24-70-06
mail : infos@vetosvignes.fr
site internet : www.cliniqueveterinairedesvignes.fr

They are a bit slow to respond to emails so I made an appointment before we left by calling and using my best schoolboy French. They did eventually respond to the emails though.

Left Mottaret on Friday morning after a two week stay, drove to Beaune stayed in IBIS Beaune Centre, walked around the town and had a meal then took Daisy the dog to the vets Saturday morning, all sorted then tunnel home on Sunday afternoon.

The vets is just two minutes walk from the Ibis and only five minutes off the motorway so it worked out really well and would do it this way again. They were familiar with the whole PETS scheme procedure and it cost (I think) 50 euros. The vets was very busy on a Saturday morning so I would not risk rolling up without an appointment.

Will post some mad terrier photos in the snow when I dig them out. She greatly enjoyed her holiday especially the long cold morning walks around the Lac De Tueda at the top of the valley, went to sleep in the apartment while we were skiing and then woke up for trips to the bar, more walks, games etc in the late afternoon and evening. For me the only disadvantage to taking the dog is that you have to drive, I had forgotten how far it is from Calais to the Alps after several years of taking the Eurostar!

French attitude to dogs very refreshing, they are happy to let them into hotels, bars, restaurants no problem. Our dog is very good but we put her in a little portable folding dog crate if we go into a restaurant and she just goes to sleep in there under the table.

Probably my last post until next season now - have a good spring and summer fellow Snowheads snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Trenmold, thanks, that won't fit in with our travel plans unfortunately. We need one for Friday afternoon/evening closer to VT.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, what about this one?
http://www.118218.fr/annuaire-professionnel/savoie/moutiers-73/veterinaire/clinique-veterinaire-3-vallees-dNzYZhvBWugJxFA==/
ski holidays
Hiked up the Col de Granon today with Kiki

More on the Blog from the Dog

http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/weekfiveblog.html
latest report
Freddie Paellahead, they weren't answering their phone today. I though someone might have had a recommendation for somewhere as it is very important to get everything right. I have to visit a vet in Grenoble when Jules was in hospital there, and he wasn't very clear on the passport requirements. In fact he insisted I was wrong to be coming for the treatment when I did, and that I needed to come back at the same time the following day. In the end I pretended I had the day wrong and that my French was terrible.
snow report
Did anybody else notice that Trenmold's vet is in a town called Beaune?
That is pronounced bone n'est-ce pas?

It might not be, my french is awful, in which case ignore this weak joke
snow report
wigan, Very good Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
wigan, Laughing Laughing . Long way from VT though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy