Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Val Thorens Transfer Time

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Flying in to Geneva this Saturday to head to VT, arrive at 8.25pm and the only transfer that I could find without paying through the roof for a taxi (there's only 2 of us) doesn't leave till 9.40pm (it's the Bens Bus).

That means it should be due to arrive between 12.40am and 1.10am according to their website. The accomodation have told us we have to be there before 1am to pick up the keys.

So my question is, at that time of night at this time of year it really going to take 3 and a half hours? Has anyone done the ben's bus? I think it drops off at meribel too and I suppose that could affect things. I just want to find out if I'm pushing it too fine before I spend 70 quid changing the flight and have to phone ben's bus to see if they can put us on an earlier one. I suppose i should have thought of this earlier but the accomodation office only opened today!

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My personal best in the car (on reasonably clear roads) from Geneva to Val Thorens is 2 hours but, more often than not, the trip takes 2 hours 10 minutes/2 hours 15 minutes on a good run. That's driving at 130 kmph where possible on the motorway, so the coach will inevitably take longer.

Your accommodation provider seems a bit unreasonable, for the sake of 10 minutes.... We have arrived late at night in the past and had keys left in an envelope taped to an office door inside the apartment block. As long as they tell you the apartment location and number in advance they wouldn't have to write anything other than your name on the envelope. (Thus preventing others from using the keys).

Good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RobR, Hi and welcome. It could be that they may be dropping off people at other places on the way up the valley, hence the longer transfer time. Would be surprised if they went to Meribel first, as it is the next valley along...but hey, I'm not a bus operator...I would be with Bergmeister, on the approximate time by road in a car.

Have you tried asking them if they can't wait 10 mins that they will leave the key somewhere safe? I'd imagine that this is not exactly totally unusual. Get a contact phone number too off them so you can ring ahead if there are any unforseen delays. Just nice to be nice.
Good luck
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

seems a bit unreasonable, for the sake of 10 minutes

Unrelated but related tale:

Earlier this year we hired mountain bikes for a half day afternoon at a well known forest. When we told the hire shop man of our intended route he suggested that we'd be pushing it to do that route by the time the shop closed. When I politely asked if he would wait for our return - after all, he knew we'd definitely be coming back - he told us quite unceremoniously (and rather rudely) that if we arrived one minute after closing he'd be charging us for an extra half day's hire as he didn't get paid overtime. His attitude was absolutely appalling - at first we thought he was joking but sadly not.

What fantastic service - who says the customer is king?! As it happens we made it back easily. We also made a note never to darken the doors of his bike shop again....

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't automatically expect a customer-dependant business to accommodate.....a customer. After all, you're only paying their wages.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy