Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Ski Bus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am hoping to book New Year week in St Anton, in Chalet Schweizerhof, with my wife and son. I have seen quite a few posts which tell me that this is situated quite a long way from the town. My question is, can we stop off for a beer or two at the end of the day (we normally ski until the lifts close) and still get a ski bus back to the chalet? I don't really want to face a 20 minute walk in ski boots with a wailing teenager in tow! I can't find any information anywhere about the timings of the ski bus service.

Any advice would be welcome. Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The bus to Nasserein (where I *think* the Schweizerhof is) runs until 6pm.

You might actually be better off having a couple of beers and getting a later one, getting one at 4ish can be a bit of a scrum on a busy day. If you stay later there is a nightbus service these days, which kicks in just before 7, but check the route when you get there to see how close it gets you to home.

There are also bars in Nasserein, so you could get the bus back and get beers closer to the chalet.

Details here:
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/fahrplaene-so-wi/winter2010-11/linie_4_vollbetrieb.pdf
and the other timetables here:
http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/winter/service-info/transport-timetables.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it is Nasserien, there are bars at the bottom of the Nassereinbahn lift, although it's not all that far from the main part of St Anton, 10/15 mins walk. But the busses are pretty good, apart from a bit of a gap between the evening busses and night busses.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
faceplanter, Welcome to Snowheads

Last couple of times I've been to St. Anton, I've been up the hill in the other direction - 10 euro in a tax cab between 3 or 4 of you isnt' masses for a night out...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you mean the Schweizerhof Hotel operated by Mark Warner then yes it is up the hill in Nasserein. It is not at the bottom of the hill by the Nasserein Gondola lift. I believe there may be a Schweizerhof Chalet somewhere in the resort but I'm not sure.

I usually catch the last bus from below the Rendl lift which deprts at about 6.00pm so that I get off the bus up the hill and only have to walk 250m to the hotel. The bus before that leaves before 5.00pm. The hotel reception may have copies of the bus timetable.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not aware of any night buses operating up to the top of the Nasserein hill.

A few people sharing a taxi is reasonably priced compared to London.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
welshflyer wrote:
If you mean the Schweizerhof Hotel operated by Mark Warner then yes it is up the hill in Nasserein. It is not at the bottom of the hill by the Nasserein Gondola lift. I believe there may be a Schweizerhof Chalet somewhere in the resort but I'm not sure.

I usually catch the last bus from below the Rendl lift which deprts at about 6.00pm so that I get off the bus up the hill and only have to walk 250m to the hotel. The bus before that leaves before 5.00pm. The hotel reception may have copies of the bus timetable.

It looks like the buses are every 30 mins between 3 and 6 this season. I posted the link to this year's timetable in my earlier response.

welshflyer wrote:
I'm not aware of any night buses operating up to the top of the Nasserein hill.

Yep, I'm pretty sure you are right, I think the night buses run along the valley.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all for your replies - the information is very useful. Unfortunately, it's taken me so long to get my act together that the holiday was sold out before I got around to booking it. Unless, of course, it was never there in the first place and just a teaser to get me on the site and book something more expensive!

Anyway, I have ended up with a holiday in Sauze in the Hotel Torre, which I hope will go well.

Thanks again. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Too bad. Sauze is fine, but not a match for St Anton in my book... A New Year trip to St Anton is likely to be sold out I'm afraid, and it looks like they have very good snow. If it's any consolation St Anton will be very busy at New Year, Sauze will probably not be as crowded.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sah do you know how late the night buses run??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like the last one is just before 2:30am... http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/images/stories/pdf-dateien/fahrplaene-so-wi/winter2010-11/nachtbus_st_anton.pdf
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sounds good thank you
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy