Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Patellar tendon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I hurt my knee in September 2009 and have been told my a Dr and physio it is my patellar tendon. It is still sore and gets worse after walking a lot which I try to avoid. Has anyone else had patellar tendon injuries, looking online a lot of people seem to hurt it and it never clears up which is what I am worried about happening to me. Any advice? I am seeing a physio who has me doing one legged half squats and has given me two ultrasound treatments on the knee. Last year I skied ok but have been pretty sore after the two days I have skied this year.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi LynseyF. At work at the moment so don't have time to go into much detail now but will try to get back online later. I'm an orthopaedic physiotherapist and see lots of patients with similar problems.

Has your physio advised any knee supports or given advice on taping the knee?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No supports or taping

Thanks Millie10,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Because you want to return to sports (especially one which really loads the tendon) I would definatly recommend a support or learning how to tape your own knee to prevent further irritation of the tendon. Even if your pain compleltly settles I would still encourage using a support to avoid a repeat injury as you will be more prone to it.

You can buy a basic knee strap for under £10 that just sits under the knee to offer support and attempts to off load the pressure.
I would also ask your physio to show you how to tape (if you google it there are actually online guides as it's very simple!).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lynseyf, hubby had patellar tendon problems when we went to Banff a few years ago. Physio (his Dad) showed him how to tape the knee, and he managed to ski every day, although it still hurt him. It disappeared eventually, but it did take a long time..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i have problems with both patellar and use rubber knee braces mainly to keep warm and some support, defo helps...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy