Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - Snowboard, boots, bindings... etc!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for all equipment asap!

I need;

A board 154-158cm
Boots - Size 6.5
Bindings, pref attached to the board

Also need Snow trousers/Salopets - M (long leg)

I am a beginner and dont mind the design on board/boots I just want to get out onto the snow!!!

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tried a shop ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gee thanks for the advice!

I'm hoping for some second hand gear...

Thanks again for the expert advice, now that's why I came to this forum....;o)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For boards and binding then have a look at these - might be of interest:

http://www.snowboard-clearance.com/
http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/
http://www.snowboards4u.co.uk/

As for clothing, most online shops have a sale section at some point. Plus there's always ebay and of course, the very handy TK Maxx. Should get some decent trouser from the Maxx for £40 - they usually have Surfanic, Nike ACG, Quicksilver and a few other major brands in stock. The terspass stuff is okay too and it's cheap but not nasty looking (unless you want to look nasty!!!). They also usually have decent goggles and gloves.

As for boots, it's generally accepted that used boots can cause you problems, especially if they've been worn in. I picked up my first pair, some Burton Motos, for £60 when I started and if you have a look around online you should find something at least for less than £100. Again, ebay always has some from a few seasons past that the shops need to shift.

Best advice on boots is to try them on if you can. Ill-fitting boots will kill both your legs/feet AND your holiday. If anything, that's probably the one thing I'd go to town on and buy personally from a shop to make sure they fit. The other stuff can be bought 'blind'.

If you haven't thought about one, maybe think about a helmet. Again, they're not expensive - think you can get a RED or Protec one for £50 - and ultimately, they do save lives.

Hope you enjoy boarding. Any destination in mind yet?

EDIT: Here's a link to a google search I've done for you on Uk snowboard shops:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=snowboard+shops+uk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=2yH8TKXgC8mWhQfpg-yVCw
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry thought you were a joke post, what with only 2 posts to your name and both of those came as across as begging for stuff and your user name - poshbird? didnt t think the used 2nd hand stufff.

anyway, TKMAXX, great designer gear for bargain prices, and if thats too expensive then try eBay.

Also if this is your 1st trip don't buy your equipment, rent it ! No point having all the gear if you can't get off the bunny slope
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DebbiDoesSnow, +1

Kit out at tackymax and rent your gear.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I love a poshbird, especially the tight one's wink

Try Gumtree.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
tried a shop ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

good to see you back.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
poshbird,

I've only just found this forum...
Anyway, I wondered if you found the gear you wanted?

I have a pair of Awesome DC's Womens Mora snowboard boots, this seasons, check out the link below for the techie blurb:
http://snow.dcshoes.com/products/category/womens/boots/boa/mora/

They are a US W9 which is UK6.5 (perfect for you, I think). I've ridden them for a week and they are just too big for me (funny how they fit in the shop...), they are practically brand spanking new, and still shiny, so I'm offering you them for £100, which is bargainous considering they retail between £180 and £200.
Let me know if you are interested Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you email anton@function4sports.com they currently have a special offer on for a free snowboard (with bindings and boots).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wouldn't get your gloves from there though...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Could I suggest Decathlon?

I just picked up a board to leave in my apartment 150, with bindings for less than £70!!

(stockport branch!) the link shows £129 price...ignore that

http://www.wedze.com/EN/boogey-143995649/

Blush
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
first post scared her off!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jayjames, yea i don't think DebbiDoesSnow humour went down well Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy