Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Scotland -- What to do with a 4 year old ... Any tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've never been to any of the Scots (Lecht, Nevis etc) resorts - but were thinking about it for a trip between Xmas and New Year.

Can anyone give any tips about the best resort: Two good adult skiiers and a 4 year old - really a total beginner. Key thing is the facilities/ski school for the wee one: some seem only to offer private lessons from 5yo upwards -

Do any of the resorts offer an equivalent of the CLub Piou Piou for very small children (e.g., mornings and/or afternoons)?

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
CharlieL, you could dry giving Darren or Theresa a ring at Cairnwell Mountain Sports (Glenshee) who would probably be able to work a private out for the 4 y/o.

Lodge: 01250 885255

Mob: 07799847014

If that doesn't work out for you, good luck Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi CharlieL, 4 is a difficult age I'm afraid - is she/he near enough 5 or at the younger end? If the latter then you might be as well doing the odd private and using creche facilities like the ones at the Hilton Coylumbridge which is on the way to the Cairngorm ski slopes.

The Ski School at Cairngorm (who I work for) operate snow garden type areas on the beginner slopes but usually these are for kids from 5yrs up, however if you contact them and your child isn't that far off 5 they might be able to offer some flexibility depending on numbers and ages. However be aware that some kids take to it easily and others don't so you might find even if they offer something that after a taster session they will ask you to book privates, all depends on the child.

Unfortunately the ski schools in Scotland aren't really set up for very young children like they are in the Alps, where they have (at least in my experience) a reasonably high proportion of instructors as well as nursery nurse trained staff to help with the groups. Additionally they also tend to have dedicated indoors areas to take the kids whereas we don't I'm afraid so it'd be a 2 hour stint on the mountain.

Anyway, if you do call The Ski School ask to speak to Amanda, explain the situation and see what she says - be aware they're likely to be very busy though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for that. He is actually not far off five and has done about a week's worth of Club Piou Piou in the french alpes last winter. he's a natural of course - like his parents Happy and took to the snow like a penguin (er, literally) - though obviously still a beginner. I'll try some of these numbers and see what's on offer. Does seem that the larger alpine resorts are better geared for children on the whole - but I've been curious to see what Scotland is like.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy