Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heli Skiiing in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried it? Is it worth the money? I'm going there at the end of Jan and thought I might give it a whirl Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello,, Its difficult to answer your question,, it depends about your money,, I have never try in la Rosiere,, but I have done in other places,, But for the moment the best value for the momey if you are a good skiier is to visit Macedonia and try catskiing,, that is a fantastic experience in a fantastic mountianarea in Balkan
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what I mean is,, if U need to eat only pasta rest of the week after to make heliskiing, dont do it,,,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clived, i did it in la ros about 10 yrs ago! . It was worth it just for the ride, as long as you have a full cabin then it shouldn,t work out mega expensive, I think it was max 4 in the Heli, if there is more then he will just go back and pick up the rest while you wait. The run that we did was pretty tame but you could get fresh tracks all the way. There are a number of routes that you can take I think there is one where you can be picked up in the morning go for lunch then pick you up after lunch and do a afternoon drop as well. We opted for one drop and the descent took about 1 1/2 hours then it was a Taxi back to la ros.
To get the heli you have to ski over to the St Bernard pass, the best idea is to explain to your guide what sort of standard that you are all at and I am sure he will cater for your needs, I'd say go for it if your there! and if you do enjoy Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clived, best value heli-skiing in Europe, either ESF or Evo2 in La Rosiere will arrange, ESF have 2 high mountain guides in their cadre but any competent instructor can take you. You should also try kite-skiing or boarding up on the col.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses, sound like it would be worth a go. Just need to persuade my wife to let me disappear for a day Happy

If I do go I'll let you know how I get on.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clived, it is really fun if you get good conditions, but not cheap. The two drop option is the best, well I think so if you are fit enough. makes a great day out. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought heli skiing was banned in France on environmental grounds, so it is necessary to ski over to Italy (La Thuile) to do it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the best value for the momey if you are a good skiier is to visit Macedonia and try catskiing,, that is a fantastic experience in a fantastic mountianarea in Balkan

that does actually sound rather good!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Big Dave, surprisingly, the Espace San Bernardo is a shared ski area between La Rosiere and La Thuile so it's not neccesary to ski to La Thuile to heli-ski, therefore La Rosiere is the only ski resort in France from which it is possible to heli-ski.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy