Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best resort to go? France or Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening Snowheads......Got a week away from the missus & kids on 15th Jan and was after views on best resorts to go to (some good deals on at moment). I am a decent intermediate (lazy advanced - fat-ish/unfit & over 40 Embarassed )..with 1 of the group a medium intermediate (v slow on the steepish slopes).

If anyone could give opinions on the following I would be gratefull:-

Best resort for cruising runs that dont get hacked up to moguls the size of busses late in the day (gotta save some energy for beer time NehNeh )?

Best for atmosphere - Nothing too mad....Body can't do the early hours sessions no more now...

Have done most of 3v resorts....great expansive ski area, Avoriaz (Portes du Soleil)....on grass & stones for half the week (except at the top)....in February?, Andorra (Arinsal), Italy (cant remember resort), Chantemerle (Serre Chevalier),...but always have a soft spot for Saalbach from about 15 years ago (breaking my ski cherry - mostly on me bum & head) & remember how good an atmosphere it had & stunning scenery to boot.

Was possibly thinking of Austria, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d'huez, Tignes, but open to all thoughts...

Thanks.....Any thoughts/comments would be gladly perused rolling eyes

PS...Dont really want a resort that you need a mortgage to get a round in if possible Blush
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach sounds like it should be perfect for you. Also consider Westendorf/Ski Welt and Kitzbuehel, although Kitz can be quite pricey.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SCOUSE, Why not Italy,,, the best easy cruising slopes in Europe,, Cervina is exelent ,,,,,,
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll put in a secons vote for the Skiwelt. 200km of cruising intermediate runs with good apres in Soll and beer prices that are about the same as the UK. As you are going in January you shouldn't have any snow issues at all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SCOUSE, Go to Soll
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Saalbach is great.
Ischgl will be good as well and more snow sure. And you can ski in Switzerland.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpe D'huez, as you mention.

If you don't mind the transfer, Livigno would fit the bill. Good, cruisy reds - not too punishing. Good apres options, but not wild and not vastly expensive. Had a great start to the season snow-wise.

Other than that? Mayrhofen?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look at Bad Gastein. It's a great for high mileage inters and the pistes hold up very well. Cruisy reds are the name of the game at Sportgastein!

www.skigastein.com

Kersh
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys......Looking at resorts as I speak.....Ski Welt area looks a slight favourite at moment....Didn't realise was so big..... Soll/Westendorf Puzzled
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Soll if you want some nightlife and Westendorf if you want a quick link into the Kitz ski area. The nightlife in Soll is as raucous as you want to make it with somewhere to please everyone. I've only skied in Westendorf, but from reading other posts on here there isn't much in the way of bars.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try obertauern, I think Easyjet are still on a weekly run to Salzburg. An hours taxi to the resort around 80 euros return. Terrain should fit the bill and Apres is decent. Not a picture perfect resort, by Austrian standards, but fine by anything else.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SCOUSE Les Arcs is the best of course, but then I would say that. Seriously though, one of the Les Arcs stations should suit your needs, both pocket wise and for night life as they are all different but nice in there own ways. Plus the skiing is great no-matter which station you stay in. If this interests you, pop over to the Les Arcs thread in the snow reports section and ack whatever you like. Someone will be able to answer your questions. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Westendorf has better skiing, but the apres is more limited. The Wunderbar can often get quite hectic later at night though, there's usually a wet tshirt competition one night a week which can be quite entertaining wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all advice guys......Have plummed for good old Saalbach Little Angel £345 centre of town B&B with Niellson (Central Hotel)...Taking my ear plugs as well Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good choice, I'm looking forward to getting back there myself in a couple of weeks wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy