Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy Alcott breaks a leg

Poster: A snowHead
Ouch... bloody tough luck lass Sad Get well soon and don't get too bored with the physio.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335380/Chemmy-Alcott-airlifted-slopes-Canada-breaking-leg-horror-crash.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

great picture
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some nasty comments on the message board at the end of that article. Poor Chemmy Sad .

According to Eurosport, Julia Mancuso went to the hospital with her and stayed for a few hours. Julia came fourth in today's race so it obviously didn't affect her nerve.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now that is grim news, relieved a little by the thought that Julia Mancuso was there to support her bosom friend.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
andyph, Good call, nice to see one girl supporting another.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What rubbish news. Best wishes to Chemmy for a speedy recovery.

And the reader comments on the link above just about sum up the collective wisdom of Daily Mail readers. Urghh!! Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latest Twitter update, http://twitpic.com/3ckbto

Get well soon Chemmy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bad luck Chemmy.
Hope you make a swift recovery and your back sliding soon.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
Slight consolation at least she got mentioned on the 5 Live sports bulletin this morning which is a first IME.

Shame it had to happen in such nasty circumstances. let's hope she's got a touch of the Hermanator about her in recovery.

Noted that meself today, Chemmy was mentioned in all the bulletins I heard from 6am to 4pm. Seemed odd at first (what with all the cricket & football shenanigans) wouldn't really have expected skiing in the national sports news, horrible reason for it but a thing of note!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gutted for you and GB skiing, Chemmy. Sad Get well soon.

Not wishing to make light of a horrible injury at all, but if you need any company/emotional support/massage therapy during your recovery I would be delighted to do whatever I can...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh, that is awful. Hoping for a good recovery.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hope she recovers soon.

She's up against it anyway given the sport she is in, this is a cruel setback.

Good luck for the future
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just had a message from her team mate, surgery went really well, she is being very positive and getting annoyed by the stupid things in life like hair Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Let's hope she recovers quickly. I could never love a cripple. wink
ski holidays
Perhaps Chemmy can show us her scars. I'll show her mine if she shows me hers wink
snow report
Gutted for her. Terrible news after suffering another bad injury not so long ago.
snow conditions
Get well soon Chemmy!!!!!!!!!
snow report
The Daily Telegraph report quotes Chemmy's brother as saying "one of the breaks was so bad the bone went through her ski boot." Shocked

I'm glad to hear from CEM's post that the op went well and she is being positive. Smile

Perhaps when she's ready to take her first tentative runs on skis again it could be at one of the UK snowdomes - I'm sure some Snowheads would be willing to ski along with her Madeye-Smiley (on second thoughts that might set her recovery back! Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, JEEZ, that is shocking. Shocked Shocked Shocked Poor - courageous - girl.
snow report
As Hurtle says Shocked Shocked . Just Shocked Shocked . Hope she recovers well
snow report
Alastair Pink, And a third set of Shocked Shocked That's just sent shivers down my spine. Sad
snow conditions
As this thread is meant to report serious Snowsports news, I've removed other less appropriate comments to another thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1656458&highlight=chemmy#1656458
latest report
I wish Chemmy well.
latest report
Hells Bells, good job, there are other posts on here that in my mind are childish and moronic. but hey ho it's a public forum.
snow report
If you're not squeamish about post-operation photos click here for why I think Chemmy is not quite like the rest of us. If I had an injury like that I suspect I'd be extremely dubious about returning to skiing in any significant way but I'm pretty sure she can't wait to get into training again.

Good luck to her.
ski holidays
Not in pot Chemmy? They put mine in a backslab pot in theatre. Then two weeks later that came off for the staples to come out & I then got a proper purple pot Cool. Seeing a row of staples down each side of my ankle was quite a shock given that I thought it was stitches. At that time I didn't even know they used staples in skin Shocked . I have to say the end result is very neat though. I hope the recovery period goes smoothly for you and the only problem is the boredom and having to do as you're told! Hard to do, I know, but try not to get too frustrated and use the enforced rest time to catch up on stuff you never have time to do.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Oops, the edit post function has disappeared?

only in snownews I think

hoping everything heals well in time for next season
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sad

Like the others - get well soon.
snow report
Butterfly, I think infection is a big concern with compound fractures,hence no pot.
I hope she has not been as traumatised by this as has the fat cont troller,
latest report
Did glance this yesterday - but too busy skiing to post Cool

Anyhoo - hope Chemmy heals quick.
latest report
I hope Chemmy gets well and we are all think about her as she lies there on her back with her leg up.
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, trolling for haters is a crime.
latest report
she will be in hospital in Banff till the risk of infection is reduced then a flight home to the UK for the remainder of the recovery
snow conditions
CEM, Flying back to Uk tonight, according to her twitter earlier.
snow conditions
Good luck with the recovery. 8th in the world is impressive.
snow conditions
Her fb video is very moving Sad http://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-CHEMMY/119779448068304?ref=ts&v=wall

I wish her all the best for a full recovery
snow conditions
Small but positive piece from Richard Williams on the back of today's Guardian sports page - sorry can't find a link at the moment Sad
latest report
Gutted for her best wishes to her Sad
ski holidays
Really bad news and a horrible injury by the sounds of it.

For those of you on twitter, Chemmy's injury has now allowed her to be rather more vocal on there. Here's her link...... http://twitter.com/#!/ChemmySki

The pic's she has posted of her ankle is quite horrendous!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy