Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Freeride Skis - advice please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have been looking at some Salomon Shogun Juniors for my kid who has 5 weeks downhill experience. This is a twin tip ski with a wider waist so I understand it will be great fun in the park or powder.

Question is: will it be seriously compromised on piste ability? Have never skied an all mountain or twin tip ski so have nothing to compare.

Thanks for any comments. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like charging about on twin tips and was awarded "fastest man on twin tips" in the EOSB race the other year Cool . But a little more seriously no they are not quite as good on piste as specific skis but you have to be very good to tell. As with most ski gear it is much more to do with the skier than the planks. If he likes the idea of bombing on and off the piste and jumping about in the snow parks then it is a good choice - they are better built for taking the punishment and handy when wanting to land backwards etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flipperthesnowholedigger, I got my daughter who's now 14 a pair of Dynastar She's Troubles about 18 months ago. She'd got about 10 weeks skiing in at the time though and is getting very good. I was careful to get something that wasn't too wide or too soft so it didn't hinder her skiing development. They are 155 cm at 112-78-102. She skis them really well, on and off-piste but she's not that bothered about the park, and loves them.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks for your replies - appreciated.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy