Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl TigerShark 10 Feet PS Binding Position

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have got a pair of Tigershark 10 ft PS (168cm) with marker IPT bindings. The bindings fit in a rail and are locked with a cam-pin arrangement.

When I fit my boots (UK 6, so 195mm boot length), the bindings feel rear set and the tails skid on turns. There doesnt seem to be a boot centre mark on the ski, so Im unsure what the correct boot position is. Since the pin is the datum position of the binding, I think that the boot centre wont be in the correct position for the boot as the length to the centre mark from the heel will differ for different size boots, so how can the adjustment be valid by just moving the toe piece?

Ive refitted the bindings using the ball of the foot over the ski centre (all by measurement), but Ive had to move the boot binding toe piece forward to the 325mm setting on the binding, then wound in the heel piece with the adjuster. I think the bindings are still about 10mm rear set but Im a little reluctant to move them forward even more.

Any advice on getting the correct position, or at least double checking the position?

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
frumtarn, welcome.

You want ball of foot over the centre of the running surface, not the ski centre.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Jon.

Probably I wasnt clear. I think that I did do the running centre. I placed both skis, bases together. Measured the length between the two points where the tip and tails touched. Halved it, and measured back from the point where the bases touched at the tips. I marked this as the centre point.

Cheers,
Mark.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
frumtarn, yep, that's right but that's the CRS.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Jon.
Looks like Im in the ball park.

(I also found this http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=13503 which helps).

Mark.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The center screw is the boot mark
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy