Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

treviso transfer to dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

does anyone know of any bus transfers from Treviso to Dolomites preferably Selva or Alta Badia. Out on Tuesday back Saturday?

1st Time to this area so any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
leixlip1, Welcome to Snowheads

I've had a quick look and it appears that you have two problems for cheap transfers.

1. Treviso is not the best airport for either Selva or Alta Badia. I think Innsbruck is better for these
2. A mid week arrival is generally worse for getting a cheap transfer.

If you were going to Arabba and arriving/departing on a Sat/Sun, then you could use the dolomitistars transfer bus from Treviso providing you book from their accommodation list. It's 29 Euros return the last time I checked. The only problem may be the flight times which do not seem to match particularly well with the bus departure times. Venice Marco Polo is better aligned with the bus times I think.

http://www.dolomitistars.com/index.php?module=CMpro&func=viewpage&pageid=36

Terravision do seem to offer transfers from Treviso to Cortina and a couple of towns near to Selva/Alta Badia but you would need to get a public bus for the last leg. I couldn't get the website to work properly though.

http://www.terravision.eu/venice_dolomites_price_timetable.html

The other alternative is to use public transport from the airport but this will involve several changes I would imagine. Someone on Snowheads should have better experience of this.

Hope this helps a little.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for your reply.

My wife,wallet, legs & liver frobid the full week. I guess it's rent a car so. Are any of resorts closer to Treviso lively at night. Doesnt have to be dancing on table stuff just so we not to only ones in the bar.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
leixlip1, I've not stayed in either resort but have been to both during the day and I'd say either Selva or Corvara would suit you rather than Arabba if you like a little night life. Personally I would pick Corvara as it's a bit smaller and prefer the ski area but Selva is still really nice. It just feels bigger and busier.

I've been on the transfer bus from Venice Marco Polo, which also picks up at Treviso and I think this would go the same way you would drive. It goes via Belluno and Alleghe to Arabba. From Arabba you can get quite easily to Corvara via the Passo Campolongo pass. It's more difficult to get to Selva via Arabba as it involves a lengthy drive over the Passo Pordoi pass with many hairpin bends, so I think it may be easier to take a different route for Selva. Both passes are subject to closure during heavy snow, especially the Pordoi pass. You will need snow tyres and chains regardless as the road climbs once you reach Alleghe and can be covered in snow.

As I've never driven it's worth getting some advice from people on this forum and also some better directions, as the most direct is often not the best route, especially when driving. luigi is a frequent poster on this subject, so he may have better advice on directions and also the best resort.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy