Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another World - Halifax

Poster: A snowHead
Presume they must have shed loads of snow there at the minute, but their website still says "closed for skiing".

Tried to call them. but not been able to get through.

Anyone know if they are up and running at the moment or at the weekend (if the snow stays)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, we do have snow round here, and it's staying put at the moment as temps remain below zero all day.

Yesterday would have been a powder day if they were open, but I've no idea if they are.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
halifax, skiing??? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not heard anything. I left my mobile number with Andy last spring and he said they text people en masse to say there is skiing - heard nothing though. Ricklovesthepowder, yes it is a mountain boarding centre with 2 rope tows - it opens for skiing when conditions permit. Went there New Year's Day and it was great fun. Will search out a link to the pics
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thats intersting, a lot nearer than yad moss aswell!!! is there a website?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59232&highlight=halifax is the thread from last year. Yes they have a basic website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and here's a trip report with some pics http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59232&highlight=halifax, within that is a link to my pics too.

UPDATE- I just texted Andy Smith (07768 695059) and he has said yes they are skiing - open 6.30pm tonight and 11am tomorrow. ENJOY!! Wish I could go, but we are snowed in at home. Had to make do with skiing in the woodyard nextdoor to us on 50m self-pisted green!

Evidence:

youtube.com/user/hlp5040#p/a/u/0/5xsWjKjfwcM
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From my office window view on the other side of the Bradford bowl I would think they have loads of snow but also been checking website and awaiting anxiously the weekend
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, here's my pics from last year up at Halifax.. http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g894-skiing-in-halifax.html

There are only a couple of tows and a couple of slopes, but it makes for a fun day out and it beats indoor skiing hands down.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is also a small set of rollers in the middle - they're fun.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow, didnt even know this place existed, definately planning trip uo tomorrow if open.

Also anxiously waiting for updates fellow snowheads

Hopefully be 'playing' tomorrow whoohooo Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
neilkav, there were apparently a couple of rope tows operating in Hayfield (stockport edge of the peak district) which might be closer to home for you, I shall be trying to find one myself tomorrow
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt wrote:
neilkav, there were apparently a couple of rope tows operating in Hayfield (stockport edge of the peak district) which might be closer to home for you, I shall be trying to find one myself tomorrow

Thanks nbt, let me know if you have any further info Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt, That's also much closer to me... post up on here if you find anything! Cheers!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In fact, google answered the question for me..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=245429534279#!/group.php?gid=245429534279
latest report
magic_hat, thanks for that, good find!
snow report
magic_hat wrote:
In fact, google answered the question for me..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=245429534279#!/group.php?gid=245429534279

Can't get on facebook at work Sad Sad , but will check it out when I get home.

Just spoke to the guys at halifax, centre is fully open today and tomorrow, with 'pisted snow' - yippee, gonna give it a try anyways, will try and post some feedback here.

Have a good weekend wherever you're sliding snowHead
ski holidays
Did anyone go today .. contemplating having a going up tomorrow and would like to know what conditions were like an how many rope tows they had running
ski holidays
Well I went up today and whilst it wasn't as good as my last visit between xmas and new year last season, it was a good couple of hours sliding. The snow was a little hard in places and amongst the trees there was breakable crust - in general cover was good but bits of grass showing through here and there.

What they have is a half decent base and another good snow fall will make it superb. I was uming and ahh'ring yesterday as to whether to bother as it was very gray, but this morning it was glorious - having said that as we arrived the sun had gone in, but at around 12:30 it came out again.

Hannah loves the bumps and jumps here, but really didn't like the hard snow took a little bit of persuading to carry on at one point but once going again really enjoyed it. Will go again when conditions allow - be a crime not to at only just over 1/2 hour away and 1/3 of the cost of Xscape. And lots less people (around 20?). And stunning long distance views.

May not be the alps or Scotland but a good value slide.
ski holidays
Not only do i work in halifax but ski too and i've never been up here! ahhhhhhh i will get up if snow continues to be good.
snow conditions
delvyn_deep, welcome to snowHead
snow report
I cycled past on sunday; said hi to a nordic skier watched the slider for a bit, then went and got stuck in a load of snowdrifts on the bike.

Looked a nice day for it, but I bet the snow was fairly hard.
ski holidays
I,M OFF TUESDAY I ONLY LIVE 10 MILES AWAY,I.LL GIVE IT A GO BETTER ,THAN WATCHING JEMERY KYLE CR#P
snow report
charlie26, WHAT?? Can't hear you!! Laughing Laughing
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
Looked a nice day for it, but I bet the snow was fairly hard.

Yup, but patchily so. OK for me but on the old fashion ski's Hannah had a few issues Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy