Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking at a short break for 6 lads for 4 days near Geneva and Megeve is looking like it could be perfect. I havent been and dont know anyone who has so am looking for any opinions good or bad.
We are a mix of skiiers but all handy enough and I am not worried about the mountain, its more about the night life or lack of it. Whats the place like after dark??
Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maddness, I went on a short trip there a couple of years ago, but we took the girls with us.

We were a big enough group to make our own atmosphere (about 18 of us) but other than us it was fairly quiet. This was mid march though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maddness, not been but hear the nightlife isn't up to much, full of posh frogs apparently. I'd have thought Avoiraz/Morzine would be more your flavor?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megeve is a really beautiful resort but not the place for 6 lads - it is full of sophisticated restaurants and bars, expensive shops and the "old money" rather than Courchevel with the Russian invasion. The skiing is excellent though. Flaine, Chamonix or Avoriaz would be preferable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jazz Club !!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just booked to go there myself with the missus (so not much clubbing action anticipated). I've read that bouncers at bars/clubs can be pretty arsey about letting in groups of English guys. Read this on the snow-forecast website:

"However, getting back to my review of the bad points of Megeve; I have never been to such a stuck up resort and the French really did their best to live up to their reputation of disliking the Brits and, for all the good things I have spoken about, I will not be going back here for a very long time. On each night we went out (we were 3 guys, well dressed, not drunk and behaving very well) they just wouldn’t let us in bars or clubs, claiming they were full or it’s a private party etc, etc. At the same time we turned away only to see then let in group after group of French people, unbelievable! The worst offenders were: The Jazz Club Megeve (arrogant tall bloke on the door – idiot) and The White Pearl Megeve (chubby dark guy who also swiped an extra €5 out of my hand – idiot). We also visited Palo Alto Megeve and they would have let us in on the Friday night, but the place looked dead.. Here the doormen were great and did us the courtesy of informing us that it was indeed very quiet and subsequently didn’t take €20 off each of us, which they could easily have done. They let us in on Saturday when, indeed, the place was busier, but being a bit out of season it was still quiet by our standards and, like most of Megeve, it was stuffed to the rafters of pretentous idiots. All posturing, trying to look their best. If you want to sit down at any of these bars, forget it. You can’t, as they all have areas reserved for the rich or wanabee rich, who sit there swigging champagne, right in the middle of all the action. If you want my opinion (which you’re going to get anyway) they want to be looked at and probably all hate the taste of champagne! In the ultra portentous White Pearl Megeve, one champagne swigging idiot, who’s birthday it was, decided that it would be really funny to spray champagne over everybody on the dance floor and everyone outside of his posing VIP circle (he probably thought we were commoners as we weren’t drinking champagne.) Perhaps he thought this was funny. The worst thing was that the bouncers and club management let him get away with it. They turned a completely blind eye. More than likely as he had a bit of cash. ANY nightclub in London would not have put up with that, whoever he was, and in London he would have been ejected. Good work White Pearl Megeve!
Summing up, as you can see, most of this Megeve review is directed towards going out at night as this was by far the worst aspect of the resort and it has really put me off it. If you are looking for a ski resort to go out in the evening I would never recommend Megeve beyond its great restaurants. Well done to the Jazz Club Megeve (especially the arrogant tall doorman – idiot!), The White Pearl Megeve – you have the worst door staff I have every come across and you did your best to ruin our evenings. To think, when we did get into your stuck up and rubbish establishments (Jazz Club does have a good atmosphere) we still had to pay a minimum of €15 Euros a drink (€13 in the Jazz Club) for short measures and low grade spirits, unbelievable. By the way, I like using the word idiot a lot! Oh, let’s not forget that the skiing and food was very good."
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Although this is obviously the experience of one visitor, I would not say it was typical. It sounds like this is a 'typical' brit on a ski holiday trying to enter a club in Mayfair. There are a couple of more relaxed bars to be found in the back streets but you're unlikely to find big groups of girls, etc. and nothing is cheap! The area to ski is pretty vast and there's plenty of variety. I think Tommy and his girlfriend will have a great time but 6 lads not so unless you're content in each others company and don't mind spending 6 nights getting lashed on your own with skiing as your priority.

If you do go and need to hire I'd recommend hiring through skimium.com at Pelloux Sports. Situated down the stairs from the main uplift in the centre of town it's much cheaper than those providing hire by the lifts. Also provides free ski storage so you don't have to lump them back to the chalet everyday and can enjoy a nice drink in one of the cafes on the way home.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doesn't strike me as being a great place for a bunch of lads. Why not head on to Morzine, which is fairly close.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd agree with the tenor of the posts above; not the place for a bunch of lads, especially non French speaking ones. Morzine would be much better. Or Chamonix.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Gervais is just up the road and its far cheaper but its also very quiet
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
St Gervais is not a great place for a bunch of lads, either, really.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd add La Clusaz to the mix and agree with everything said about Megeve - old money, chalets and families. Good skiing though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd add La Clusaz to the mix and agree with everything said about Megeve - old money, chalets and families. Good skiing though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely not the place for a bunch of lads seeking lively apres-- but great skiing there is.
Chamonix seems a better choice, which has both.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy