Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria update?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Did my first ever skiing trip to Pamporovo in 1986 (yikes!!) and went again a couple of years later - I remember it being limited for skiing, bad food and regular power outages - has it changed?

Now got kids at skiing age and want to take them but money is tight, hence looking at Bulgaria. Doesn't look like the ski runs have improved (but I can suffer that) but concerned about reviews (from Bulgariaski) listing old hire equipment, lifts and queues bad, still bad food etc...

Any updates gratefully received....(we're hopefully going out of half-term)...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what are the actual price differences that make people go to Bulgaria rather than the alps?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Must admit, I'm not too sure now - just done an online quote for Feb half-term (family of 4) and it's come out at £3,600 Shocked OK, that is half-board with all lessons, lift passes etc but still not quite the 'budget' I was expecting.

Also did a rough price for a self-catered apartment in La Clusaz, which should be about £2,100 (although self-catered and have to drive, not fly)...so no-brainer so far... wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
do not know about the other resorts in Bulgaria but Bansko has a newish gondola system(2004ish) that has made it a great place to ski for families...Bansko has an old town with lots of character although there is alot of new development with lots of new build complexes/hotels.....What attracts families is the relatively cheap prices in the restaurants for food and drink compared with other parts of europe and there is food to suit all tastes

6 day ski pass will set you back about 135 euro for adults & 85 euro for kids under 12

ski hire for 6 days £50 adults £40 kids

transfer from airport approx 170 euro 4-5 persons

apartments sleeping 4 about £250

flights vary when you book them & when for...generally wizzair from Luton & Easyjet from Manchester & Gatwick...also flights from Birmingham..use

www.kayak.co.uk for brum flights....

so pretty cheap compared to other parts of europe wink

anyone needing help booking give me a shout...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have been looking for feb half term for days now. cant find anything. Did have a great deal to canada (£900) incl flights, car hire accom, and lift pass, but phoned up and the price has gone up from the brochure price! Very annoyed! Anyway - im trying to find something feb19th to anywhere, for about £700 in europe with pass. Anyone! I did look at bulgaria, but im not sure - i have heard bad things, and alot of the resorts look quite small Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am a fan of Bulgaria, but if it is half term that you want to go, I would say stay away from Bansko. The queues there are problem half term and xmas/new year. the rest of the time is great and no waiting around. But half term is a no go for me.

cheers
Smag
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had someone local posting on here last year when the "official" reports bore no resemblance to the actual lack of snow:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59013&highlight=borovets
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.explore-bansko.com/bansko_webcams.html

starting to look good in Bansko.....snow cannons were on yesterday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy