Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Closed due to snow (title edit: GVA now open)

Poster: A snowHead
and we all feel like weve been (to) wankderof too Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller wrote:
Update on London City airport status appreciated.

Quote:
Critical Notice
Our runway will be open from 1400 today, but there may be delays or cancellations as a result of earlier disruption. Passengers are advised to contact their airlines for further information,
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michelle, for you and homphomp there is now but one answer: see my sig! Welcome back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, last we heard LCY is closed Crying or Very sad sorry...

rob@rar, er..... If I remember back that far - I think it was... Laughing
Ruddy cold though!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michelle, Lost the will to live. Next time I'm flying with a decent airline like Easyjet not BA wink Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, BA8766 from Zurich is due to land at LCY at 17:40 according to their website.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, Thanks. Swiss Air flight to LCY at same time as us just cancelled. Praying the Mr Cameroon is on our flight and very happy wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thefatcontroller, this is MILES better than those boring "I took 2 hours to get into work this morning..." radio rants. You going to write a book?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sat in Zurich watching a flight to Heathrow leave with seats while we wait for the City flight. Go figure?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flight delayed to 6pm. Without getting our hopes up there does seem to be optimism that our flight home is on its way out from city. More later.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Watch out for all the long faces.

bbc wrote:
1537: RUSSIA WILL HOST THE 2018 WORLD CUP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/9250585.stm
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flight delayed to 6.15pm Shocked Maybe we are waiting for Mr C
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BA crew turned up. How exciting!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be very disappointed if this epic story ends without some air rage, preferably an anglo-Russian punch up and a diversion to Hamburg.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, Had the opportunity to vent at some fat cow in Zurich who refused to re open the gates when 20 people turned up late due to train issues. The plane was sat there and left late, 1/2 empty. Sadly to tired and weary to call the fat lazy rug munching ignorant cow one to her face
latest report
Oh forking hell. London City airport presently shut update in 30 minutes
snow report
Finally arrived no thanks to Easy jet All they offereed was 0700 Luton to Zurich couldn't rebook Geneva until 16th of December. Found out there was a flight to Paris yesterday evening spent night there and caught 0758 TGV out this morning it broke down twice finally arrived 22hrs late but never mind there's lots of snow and not many people! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
Oh forking hell. London City airport presently shut update in 30 minutes
I can sense you're losing it. Threatening gesticulations and lots of shouty swearing will get you home quicker.

If you're on the 17:40 BA flight, the London city Airport site is showing you as expected at 21:23. Their site is still saying the runway will reopen at 18:00 but that's passed so who knows?

No more snow predicted for this evening, hardly any wind, -4C - so, if they clear the runway you'll get in.
snow report
thefatcontroller, Yeeeshhhhh Shocked You poor things. Fingers crossed for that flight.
latest report
Bode Swiller, Just lost it. Captain came out and announced our delay as LCY shut and then I proceeded to bar. On way back to gate 62 with pint in hand I noticed at gate 56 (Gary Liniker was there) a BA flight to LCY boarding. I did rant at check in people as to why one BA plane was boarding and ours wasn't. One check in girl ran. I proceeded to tell other passengers at gate 62 who then bombarded 56. Its all a bit nuts. Now got a pint. All is better.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
Bode Swiller, Just lost it.... One check in girl ran...

For some strange reason, none of these points surprise me... wink Laughing Laughing

Hope you feel better for it (and the pint). You were long overdue that rant. Laughing
latest report
Rumour has it 2 flights tonight to LCY. The FIFA guys are on the other one hence I saw Mr Lineker. BA giving that priority. Someone get on to the Sun!!
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Well I suppose they need to win something today... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Talk of a 9.30 take of. Left Tignes 54 hours ago.........
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, good stuff. A pint to celebrate is in order.
latest report
Swapping flights now to a Heathrow one as that due to leave earlier than the LCY one. The Heathrow one now doomed
latest report
If anyone is interested I can confirm you can your boots in your hands and carry them for 50+ hours on planes, trains and automobiles in Geneva and Zurich. I am not wearing a helmet Shocked
ski holidays
Allegedly we have Cameron, Beckham, Johnson, and Linekar on our flight. What are the chances of this one being cancelled. High we are now booked on it Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, I presume the VIPs will be drowning their sorrows at the result of the FIFA announcement. Toofy Grin
latest report
Alastair Pink, more likely crapping themselves now that I am booked on their flight as the chances of it taking of leaving are less likely than Sepp Blatter saying no to a backhander
ski holidays
Andrei Arshavin sat beside me in terminal. No VIP treatment. Took his photo and congratulated him. Nice guy
snow report
Home bound flight just landed. There is hope!
snow report
thefatcontroller, good luck! snowHead
snow report
Good job John Candy's dead or he'd turn up too:

ski holidays
altis, Mrsfatcontroller did raise this today
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, good luck.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, I thought Lineker was one the LCY one that left earlier.
latest report
Hells Bells, that one was cancelled after they sat on runway for 2 hours!!
snow report
Oops.
ski holidays
Boarding......... Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy