Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm headed solo to Chamonix....need Ski Partner(s)!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning on heading to Chamonix late February or Early March....only problem is that all my friends are skiing in either Val D'Isere through April or back in the American Rockies. If anyone is going to be skiing in Chamonix around that time please let me know! I'm an advanced skiier but I'm happy and willing to ski with anyone who loves the mountains and is competent on skis. Would really like to do the Vallee Blanche.

I promise to buy you a couple beers if we score some powder.

I've skiied a bit in France and Austria but I've skiied primarily in the USA. By the way, I'm an American 21 year old student at Edinburgh University.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just stumbled upon this post, how long are you trying to go for? Where you from in the states?

I can't make any plans too far ahead as my work schedule over here is not entirely predictable very far in advance, but I am contemplating trying to get a trip in around that time
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Something like 5 or 6 days skiing if possible. I'm from Montana and Virginia...I've got a fairly flexible schedule (meaning I will happily skip any week of lectures if it means that I get to ski) Just let me know what you're thinking after after you know more about your work schedule and maybe we can sort something out. Where are you from? and what type of skiier are you?

Cheers!
Matt
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm... I don't know that I will be able to pull off a 5 or 6 day trip, but like I said, my schedule is not predictable so who knows. I probably won't know much until it is closer to then, which is a pain, but hopefully last minute plane tickets aren't too overpriced here. You go to Bozeman?

I am originally from Mass, went to school in VT and more recently lived in Jackson Hole, and briefly in Washington state before getting sent here. I would say I am am a pretty solid skier, I really like speed and hucks, so I want to make it the alps as much as possible.

I will keep in touch when I know more.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi lambeauleap, a few snowHeads live in or near Chamonix and there's a small number who go to Chamonix regularly throughout the season. I haven't booked anything beyond a xmas/new year's trip but I have a season pass, so will be making number of trips out there and will be happy to ski with you if I'm there at that time.

Perhaps if you edit the thread title to something like "2010/2011 Chamonix hook-up thread" and post on here again when you have some actual dates in mind, I'm sure you'll be able to hook up with a few people.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lambeauleap, We live in Geneva but have a business in Chamonix and are there fairly frequently. Revert once you have dates and we'll try and hook you up with folks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
americanskier, Zero-G,

Hey Zero-G, any chance I could meet up with you for a few days in the Snow in the first week of February?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
americanskier, Hey any chance you could do a trip in the first week of February??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lambeauleap, I'm there for 3 days in Feb (5th - 7th). I'll have an early intermediate boarder friend with me, so I'll be skiing the more gentle runs with her. You are most welcome to join us (or we'll join you) if doing the blues and reds of Chamonix won't bore you.

I won't be doing Vallee Blanche this trip - that's earmarked for my April trip. Back in Cham again 12-14 Mar and then again for the first two weeks in April.

If powder is what you want, then you should consider paying an HMG to take you off-piste.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy