Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

study of behaviors and attitudes in sport.

Poster: A snowHead
Dear all,
I am currently gathering data for my 3rd year research project at Bangor University, the study looks at people's attitudes and behaviors in sport, specifically, higher risk sports.

If you are 18 or over and have been involved in skiing/boarding etc... for 3 years or more and have a spare 10/15 minuets, your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Please follow this link to complete the survey:

https://survey.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/riskbehaviors

If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact me at peu818@bangor.ac.uk

Many thanks in advance.
Miles Hill.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Miles pick your way through this for a flavour of the reaction you may get
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65262

There have been several others too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I filled that in and unlike the last one, I was able to answer the questions although the subject matter was much the same as here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67461 . Nowely ought to learn something from it... but he won't and will stick to his outdated set of questions
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mileshill540 wrote:
If you are 18 or over and have been involved in skiing/boarding etc... for 3 years or more and have a spare 10/15 minuets

I'm not bloody Mozart!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman wrote:
mileshill540 wrote:
If you are 18 or over and have been involved in skiing/boarding etc... for 3 years or more and have a spare 10/15 minuets

I'm not bloody Mozart!

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Oh dear.

"Please indicate your frequency of participation in your main sport.

once a year. every 6 months. every other month. once a month. at least twice a month. every week"

Very few of us can give a meaningful answer to that.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mileshill540, done. Welcome to snowHeads.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done. Not off to a good start - what with being in the "older than the author can add up to" category. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done also - good luck with this. It's tough getting people to answer your surveys sometimes (no scrub that, ALL the time!) snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
achilles, why not? Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done and good luck snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles wrote:
Oh dear.

once a year. every 6 months. every other month. once a month. at least twice a month. every week"

+1

And what about those of us who have 2 equal sports.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard,

Once a year could mean one run or one day a year - or anything really. I ski 3 separate weeks a year, usually (I can do punter). None of the answers apply. I stopped when I got to the question.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother wrote:
achilles wrote:
Oh dear.

+1

And what about those of us who have 2 equal sports.

4 on there I could have done. But skiing comes top (just).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mileshill540, I think I managed to keep my butterflies in formation to get through that successfully wink
latest report
laundryman wrote:
I'm not bloody Mozart!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Re the survey - did we all put we were "intermediate"? rolling eyes
latest report
done. much better than "the other survey" wink
ski holidays
Done. There was some degree of repetition I felt.
ski holidays
There's one with 'Sometimes I...' with the options Never, rarely, sometimes. It's a bit of a closed question.

apart from that, not a bad test for A type personalities.

I recall the 'I would enjoy the sensation of skiing fast down a mountin slope' from my psychology level 1 when a researcher was trying to correlate personality types with hypnotic susceptibility.

Interesting stuff.
snow report
Dear all,
Many thanks to everyone who has took part so far. I am a skier/climber/kayaker etc... myself and sympathize with the tedium of these surveys. It has come to my attention that a lot of people (from all walks of sports) are pretty annoyed that they spent the time doing these surveys then never hear anything again about them. I shall endeavor to make all results available through here once the whole things is complete.

I appreciate one or two of the questions are ambiguous at best, this survey has been posted all over the place so making it forum specific would be a nightmare (and frankly beyond my computing abilities).

Again many thanks for your help in this matter, if you happen to be in Austria/Germany over New Year I may well bump into you in the back bowls.

Miles Hill
ski holidays
Did I already see this on UKRGB btw? Can't remember if I've done it or not, could have been another one...
snow report
just done it, Im i normal then
snow report
Quote:
Please indicate the number and severity of any injuries you have revived while participating in your chosen sport

Revived? Well the "Old Trouble" has been known to flare up now and again, but i wouldn't put it down to snowboarding...
...but completed.
ski holidays
Clearky, yes you have indeed seen this on UKRGB. Im aiming for world sporting domination, in proper sports al least.
ski holidays
mileshill540, I ski 3 weeks per year plus, perhaps, a weekend. This comes to about 25 days of actual skiing. So is this 4 times per year or 25 times per year?
snow conditions
laundryman wrote:
mileshill540 wrote:

I'm not bloody Mozart!

Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy