Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI members - Alpine Director elections

Poster: A snowHead
Happy New year to every one on this forum any it's only a few more weeks to find out the winner. Hope to see some of you at Geneva airport for the meeting.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only 2 weeks left to vote if you have not voted yet. If you have I hope to see you at Geneva airport should be a great meeting.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beanie1, i tried to re cast on line in the members area but it wouldnt allow me as i had already voted , no big deal but i thought i would pass it on. i ended up emailing my vote so no worries.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, thanks will pass on the feedback.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At the BASI General Meeting held in Geneva last weekend and a subsequent Member’s Forum, Alex Leaf was voted in as the new Alpine Director. The position on the Board was left vacant at the AGM in October when former Alpine Director Gareth Roberts was voted in as the new Chairman.

Originally from Torbay and now based in Les Arcs, Alex, a popular figure within the snowsports industry, has been a BASI member since 1977 and a trainer for the last 20 years. He has represented BASI at Interski events in Norway and Japan and his career has involved working in many corners of the world including Europe, Canada, the USA and Argentina. Before setting up his own snowsports training company, World Class Skiing, with fellow BASI trainers, he managed Plymouth Ski Centre prior to running a retail, events and online sales company in the adventure sports industry.

Upon taking up the Alpine Director’s role on the BASI Board, Alex commented, “I am proud to have been voted on the Board of Directors for BASI. I have been a member of BASI for over 30 years and in that time I have seen many changes and developments. I feel that the association is in a stable and positive position from which it can grow and develop, with this in mind, I am looking forward to the challenges which no doubt will arise and to the role of being the voice for our membership.”

Congratulations,
alex leaf!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Congrats to Alex!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Congratulations Alex !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex leaf, congratulations, way to go!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Servus Herr Alexander leaf, alpin Direktor britischer snowsportslehrer verband. Gluckwunsche und macht spass! Geinessen das leben und immer denk pulver! Schi heil schi heil schi heil.

PSG
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well done Sir Alex
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you for your congratulations! and thanks to all who voted, not just for me but all of us who stood for the position. It is important that BASI as an association hears all our membership. I am looking forward to getting to grips with the new role and all it's challenges.
Many thanks again! Alex And many more thanks PSG! Ya, das wonderful!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex leaf, Well done. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex leaf, well done !!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done, Alex.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
could anyone explain why after 4 yrs plus 2 yrs ext for injury as a stagiere for a french ski school trying for eurotest ,

that i am no longer able to work (does this have any euro employment implications)

also under fis rules they have catergories for masters starting at 30 years old (ageism in eurotest)?

no allowance for being a bit older
snow conditions
sixman, I will pass your comments on to BASI for a response. Are you following the French or BASI system?

P.S> Welcome to Snowheads.
ski holidays
sixman wrote:
could anyone explain why after 4 yrs plus 2 yrs ext for injury as a stagiere for a french ski school trying for eurotest ,

that i am no longer able to work (does this have any euro employment implications)

also under fis rules they have catergories for masters starting at 30 years old (ageism in eurotest)?

no allowance for being a bit older

Welcome to snowheads.

Have a look at this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1593450&highlight=beanie1#1593450

I have been asked by a few people to post questions to BASI. Although answers seem a little slow Puzzled
snow report
stewart woodward, your particular question has been directed to the French Minster for Sport! Hence the slow response. BASI are following it up though.
snow report
following the basi system ,live in france permantly,registered as an artisan for the the summer (this was not difficult at all as it is your right to be able to go to work)

unless you have a internationly recognized ski teaching qualification isia plus some bits ,which you are no longer able to use ,plus about 30k light.

ps. thanks stewart.
ski holidays
sixman,
Here's the answer to your question from Dave Renouf:

"Having the title of “stagiaire” means that the person has entered into the French training system and BASI has no jurisdiction in that area as this is the French domain. In that system the French themselves have to start from scratch again if they want to carry on. As to the logic of it, I can’t give a clear understanding as to the French perspective.

With regard to the ageist question this is something that we put to the EU commission a few years back and the reply was that for education there is no concession as the standards for a teacher of any sort should be the same whatever the age, despite there being a difference for gender. However on that point their opinion is that taking into account the difference in strength from male to female is within the understanding that the end result of capacity to teach is no different."
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy