Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

a snowboard binding question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
is there a snowboard binding that uses a ski boot style power strap. or what would be the stiffest snowboard binding. ie hold the soft boot most rigidly. flow maybe??????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
graeme, while there are variations in binding strength and rigidity they are not huge (unless you buy cheap crap), it's the boot that does the most work. Choosing boot stiffness is a mix of your riding style, where you prefer to slide, your weight etc.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nidecker make some very stiff bindings, (the highbacks and bases) and were selling last season in tsa which I found hard too believe.They were still in store in april.
Any brand that does BX or is bigger in swiss, sudtirol, austrian glaciers etc or look for big brand carbon high back bindings like burton or salomon.Catek in states is super stiff but company probs and hard too get.

Cheaper is burton CFX carbon type high back binding circa 1999,2000 then c14,s c16,s now c60,s and lots others had stiff stuff, salomon had spx5,6 or7 circa 2000-2006.
I have some of these burton cfx you could fibreglass a connection thing for a strap or bolt it all .
2011 Spark splitboard bindings have slots for straps.. so its not exactly dead yet.
Some burton bindings had a third strap around 1995 I think? but it could be removed (bolts) and refitted/diy to certain high backs.I have seen this done with a ratchet so you can leave it disconected for more flex.
Alot of stuff dies because pro,s won,t ride it, therefore no one can sell it in volume, nothing to do with if it suits the individual,step in,s are a example.
Some guys believed that some of the old step in boots with rigid soles gave another kind of feel... way better reponse to edge hold on piste, not found in flexi soled softboots?.It makes sense.
Masque is right and to further it... its the combination of boot and bindings flex,bindings will make a diff too but as with anything it,s a balance.
Hard boots and bindings show this... as its another planet as far as flex goes but can be more comfortable as with ski boots etc
Flow bindings...some seem very stiff.
The boots for stiffness are salomon Malamutes, burton drivers, 32 focus.
Some of the older ones were actually stiffer than more recent,the whole market is now aimed at softer/easier gear it seems now.Which is good and bad but more choice is had outside of britain too, as they still think partly, outside of the freestyle moneybox.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have found a new binding interface to enable me to use soft boots/bindings with my skiboards, so am looking at the best set up. In the past i has a snowblade set up with soft boots and it wasnt good. Am hoping that the problem was more to do with snowblades being crap though. Its worth a punt i suppose
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
C60 and driverx is the stiffest setup i know of.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy