Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel 12th December - Inside Out - Who's Booked????

Poster: A snowHead
After booking on to this trip last week and meeting up with Emmeline over the weekend, I thought I'd start a thread to find out who's actually booked to come on 12th December to Meribel.
Just thought it would be good to say hi (albeit electronically) before next weekend... (and I'm bored out my mind working from home today!)

I'm Alex, 24 (on 13th December!), been skiing for 20 years, no mates with the money to come in December (or a pass out from their OH's!), hoping to find someone to ski with in the mornings while everyone is on the tuition!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi aldoyle,

Paul
50 rolling eyes Sad
Teetotal
Evangelistic Quaker
4 years skiing (late starter)
Dodgy knees, some say head too
Hoping to move onto blues soon
Chionophobic, hates and will never ski with slush, bumps & steep, ropes, flat light, white-outs, gales, temps below -30, big scary couloirs etc
Usually ski with my son, however since he's better than me, and can't get out of school thought I better get some practice
Believe that brute force and ignorance will eventually overcome technique, and I've been overcome many times whilst skiing
Likes good food
Truthfull at least 50% of the time

Sorry, doing the lessons so you will still have to ski as Alex no-mates
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
anarchicsaltire, You have no idea the restraint I'm exercising here.... Toofy Grin Laughing

(sorry Alex, I'm not going... wish I was, but there ya have it).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
anarchicsaltire, You have no idea the restraint I'm exercising here.... Toofy Grin Laughing

(sorry Alex, I'm not going... wish I was, but there ya have it).

What a mental picture Shuss in Boots in restraints Madeye-Smiley, certain you don't want to join us Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
aldoyle, I'm not going to be there, unfortunately - heading out to the Alps on 22 December for 6 weeks or so. Just wondering why you're not doing the tuition too? isn't that the point of the week?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anarchicsaltire, I suspect, my dear, that's just wishful thinking on your part - particularly if it involves a gag... or prevents me typing. Little Angel Laughing

Hmmm.... let me think..... out on the slopes with Inside Out... nasty drills, achy legs, making a complete pr@tt of myself.... vs. going to see Father Xmas... no contest. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Hmmm.... let me think..... out on the slopes with Inside Out... nasty drills, achy legs, making a complete pr@tt of myself.... vs. going to see Father Xmas... no contest. wink

Will it help if I get Scott to dress up as Santa?

wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar, Enormously Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, hello again Smile the point of me going was simply to have someone to get away skiing with, as mentioned in my original post - no mates able to go this month and I'm trying to get away a few times this season. I saw a space and Rob kindly welcomed the additional company

anarchicsaltire, I did wonder how much truth I'd get out of the replies, after my most enjoyable experience on sH last winter Little Angel
Look forward to meeting you
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots, no gag and your hands free would be preferable wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anarchicsaltire, Ever the optimist.... I'm going to take that as a compliment... Little Angel Little Angel Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Alex. I'm also going on the trip but booked on the lessons. Lets hope there is as much snow there as up here in Edinburgh at the moment.

Simon
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Me................. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I know It's not Meribel, but the report from next door in Latania looks promising Toofy Grin
http://youtube.com/v/YMhvFlQ3I3Y&feature=player_embedded
snow conditions
I could be up for this, not sure about the coaching but there's a deal for £299 flights and chalet
snow report
tangowaggon, we are fully booked on the skills clinic but have a few spots on our improvers clinic which is aimed at level 5 skiers.
snow report
OK I'd just be along for the ride, I'm more level 9/10 by insideout's grading.
ski holidays
tangowaggon wrote:
I'm more level 9/10 by insideout's grading.

You should be instructing wink
snow conditions
It's been tempting to go for a basi ticket in the past, I used to work for ICI and many collegues (I think thats how it' spelt!) got made redundant over the years and I always wanted it to be my turn so I could head for the hills for the season, but time went on and I got married, had children and THEN the ba*****s made me redundant!!!.
10 years on and I can't really complain, best career move I had made for me, not exactly rich but better off than I would have been at ICI.
My best day's skiing last year was a day in deep powder with a bunch of off duty instructors in Soldeu, some that I have known for 15+ years. After being dismissed as a no-hoper by my PE teacher at school, it was such a good feeling to look up at the slope to see my tracks just as neat as the rest of the group.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy