Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

winter tyres yet again :-D

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have 2 cars one a 4x4 which I always fit winter tyres to and use it if I need to go on a long trip... My other car I don't change the tyres but I have a set of chains for it in the boot....
Now after last years cold winter and the start to this years winter I'm thinking of fitting winter rubber to this as well... For the size I need the ones I would normaly buy for my 4x4 are £200 (now way i'm spending that) each... there are however some on mytyres at £160 for a full set.... are these going to be worth my while getting or do I need to fork out for my second choice £400......

Kumho KW17
205/50 R17 93V RF asymmetric
only £ 36.20

or

Marangoni Meteo HP
205/50 R17 93V XL
only £ 96.10

I have used winter tyres for years just never the ones that cheap......
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your Google broken?

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_winterreifen/kumho/kw17/index.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just bought some continental from kwikfit 185/65/15 for £250 for four
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Meant to say, check your profile. Volvo recommend going from 60 to 65 sidewall for winter tyres. Worth checking in case you can get 55's for cheaper
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp wrote:
Your Google broken?

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_winterreifen/kumho/kw17/index.html

yes thanks I was just wondering if it was too good to be true?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
II, sure we had some on our previous X-trail, they were fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had emergency Kumho KW17's on for a while (totally different size & car). They were fine. If really £36 each, go for it (think mytyres are going to sting you because of your address BTW) Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what...snow wrote:
Had emergency Kumho KW17's on for a while (totally different size & car). They were fine. If really £36 each, go for it (think mytyres are going to sting you because of your address BTW) Crying or Very sad

I think £9.50 per tyre is very reasonable as the last set I ordered 4 weeks ago arrived in 3 days.... MESH computers were wanting to charge me £100 for delivery of 1 PC about 18 months ago Shocked .... I took my business elsewhere... Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ty ordered them Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now starting my third winter on my Kumho ZEN KW tyres, grip reasonable in the dry, good in the wet, excellent on snow (just got them on in time for this latest lot) and wearing well. They may not be the best winter tyres around but they are plenty good enough for me. (have 215/65 x 15 on a people carrier).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy