Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Bus in Laax and Grand Massif?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

I posted a question on which resort to go a few days back and got really great answers so i thought i would throw this one at you guys to see how you handle it!

Basically we are looking at going to either Laax or Les Carroz.

If we stay in Laax we'll have to stay out of town in Laax Dorf i think it is called so my question is, is there a ski bus and is it free? This info does not seem to be available anywhere!

Second question, I know the Grand Massif does have a free ski bus BUT at what time does it start and finish? I mean if we were staying in Les Carroz but got caught out by the lift and needed to get back from Flaine what is the last time we can do it? Little side question, how long does it take to go from Les Carroz to Flaine?

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
klang180, Yes there are free buses running in Laax but I didn't use them as I stayed by the lift at Laax Murschetg, that's where you would need to get the bus to. I think when I looked you can ski back to Laax Dorf but there aren't any lifts there. The swiss are very hot on transport so I wouldn't expect it to be a problem.

You can show the bus stops on the map on laax.com, Infrastructure/bus stops), there's one at the Post at Laax Dorf.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello Colin

Thank you very much for your response that is very useful indeed and puts my mind to rest concerning Laax.

regards
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
klang180, It is my understanding that there (still) is NOT a ski bus which links Flaine withe Les Carroz. Easter before last we skied over to Flaine and Mrs Basil decided she would get a bus back, I gave her the car keys assuming she would be back before us (about 1330). We thought that the buses on the Flaine circuit would overlap or link to the Carroz bus circuit but it didn't. Caused all sorts of drama's but (to cut a long story short) Mrs managed to get a lift from on a mini bus sent from Carroz to pick up some cross country skiers. She turned up at around 1630 just as I was about to go and find a copper.

Les Carroz Ski Bus time table (last season) at: http://www.lescarroz.com/pdf/Fiche%20Horaires2010.pdf

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 28-11-10 20:33; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Carroz info. Free ski buses are around village/gondola station (08.30 to about 19.00) and a few to the local Nordic ski areas (about 20 mins away). Flaine bus is 6.85 Euros to les Carroz, there are only a few a day, last one is 19.15 or 19.45, depending on day of week (info from les carroz website).
From Les Carroz to Flaine on skis is about 45mins on skis (links are closed a few days a year if winds are high) and 20 to 40 mins by road depending upon how snowy they are.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
klang180, why are you staying in Laax Dorf? Laax Murschetg is where most people stay. There certainly is a good ski bus service that's free - we took it on our last day to go to Flims and back and I wouldn't say for certain it stopped at Laax Dorf but I think it did. Can you enquire at the accommodation you are booking? The Laax map has the bus stops marked on it, but I'm sure there were more than this http://www.laax.com/en/#/en/skiresort/section5/subsection20 (click on'infrastructure' on the right and then 'bus stops' if it doesn't show)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skier 52 and Basil giving you good info.
last year there was a bus to the cross country skiiing in Flaine (At the golf course) once a week and the navette in Flaine ran from there down to the Foret. however, this year the bus is going to Agy - opposite direction.
Some chalet companies will pick up their clients in Flaine if you arrange it with them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suspect the bus stops shown on the Laax map are the Post Bus stops rather than the Ski Bus stops, there are more of those.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy