Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee - Hotel/B&B

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can suggest ant place to stay for two nights near glenshee?

Me and my dad used to stay at the Crerar Hotel in Pitlochry, but the problem is, is that its a 40 minute drive from Glenshee and also they have tripled their prices this year !

I am kind of looking for the cheapest place to stay this is also convenient. Thanks in advance.

(I have spent quite a long time looking on googlemaps but didnt find anything good)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the Spittal of Glenshee must be the closest but don't know prices, we have stayed at a B&B in Braemar as well, we paid about £25pppn. I think the roads are usually clearer from the North if thats what your worried about.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are several places to stay around or near Glenshee for basic checkout Gulabin Lodge for upmarket the Dalmunzie Castle Hotel. Have never stayed at the Spittal of Glenshee hotel but know it changed hands a couple of years ago. There are also several B&B's, Google Glenshee - Glen of the Fairies. A bit further away but north of Blairgowrie is the Bridge of Cally Hotel and as lynseyf said there is always Braemar but the A93 can get closed overnight in bad weather.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laterooms.com.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed at the Spittal about 3-4 years ago. Seem to remember it was about £40 B&B, and the room was barely adequate (it was very busy) but dinner and the bar were OK and it certainly was very convenient.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The youth hostel in Braemar is quite nice, albeit a youth hostel.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for The Spittal of Glenshee Hotel, £25 pppn B&B, New Owners, 10 minutes from Ski Area car park.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Backcountryboarder, Its good to hear some good things coming from this place for once, Last year when i started skiing i was looking around and i saw this place on the internet and i read some pretty horrific reviews ! BUT you say its under new managment so maybe it has changed, I just looked at the website,,, £20 FOR TWO PEOPLE ! They seem to have a special offer going on, and its location is AWESOME.

One thing, Im not expecting the four seasons,, but what was the room like? Was it clean?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wouldn't worry too much about 'internet reviews', some people DO expect Four Seasons all the time and when they don't get it, there's your bad review.
I'm in Dundee so just drive to Glenshee or Cairngorm/Nevis/Glencoe on the day, but the Spittal is where we usually stop on the way back down the road from Glenshee.
I'm not a difficult customer, unlike some people who will bitch and moan about the slightest little thing.
£20 FOR TWO PEOPLE...WOW, at that price, a bed, a functioning toilet, and warm/hot water would see me more than happy. It has had a bad rep in the past, HOPEFULLY the New Owners will rectify this over the course of the coming season but at that price, it's definately worth giving it a chance.

As Lynseyf mentioned, there are many Hotels and B&B's in Braemar, you won't get one for £10pppn though!!! Saying that, Braemar is a lovely wee village, and only about 12-15 minutes drive to the North of the Ski Area.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 28-11-10 21:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Backcountryboarder, Thanks im definitely going to go for it then, going to go the second week in December, I think its most likely to have the most snowfall, we are also going on a Monday so it will be really quiet ! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed in the Sp[ittal of Glenshee before and yes it is the closest.

I only stayed for one night only and the cost for us had been around £50 for one night accommodation, another £50 for dinners and a further £50 for the ski pass for two of us.

I don't always book in advance and so may not be able to stay in Spittal of Glenshee if I decide to travel a couple of days before the trip so I just knock on the doors of the B&B on my way to Glenshee. There are lots of them in Blairgowie. I usually go up early morning on Saturady, book a B&B at Blairgowie, drive to Glenshee, back to Blairgowie for a nice dinner after a day's skiing, ski the Sunday next day and head for home after the resort closes.

I think £20 for two persons is possible for the weekdays and skiers should be more realistic if they want accommodation for the week ends when everybody heads for the resort after a big dump of snow.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick look on Spittal of Glenshee Hotel website and the £10pppn looks to be for a tent pitch only!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thought £20 for two people sounded too good to be true!!
Website saying £55 to £70 for a double/twin room per night. PER ROOM not per person, still quite a reasonable price for the location to the slopes.
Enjoy your trip wherever you stay Sainter, looks like your timing it nicely.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hi there.try the bridge of cally hotel,good reports from locals or the dalmunzie house hotel an old shooting lodge up a single track roa just past spittal before old bridge,old style decadence,i used to work in ski school there 1979 - 82 this was a great hotel,very scenic wood paneled rooms real fire etc,they also have self catering cottages or gulabhain lodge more a bunkhouse but comfortable and close to ski slopes.enjoy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski holidays
Sainter, I stand corrected
snow conditions
Stayed in the Spittal February this year, good location for Glenshee, rooms ok, very basic but clean(ish). Bed was the most uncomforable I have ever slept in though ended up having to fold a bath towel up to place over the spring in the mattress that was sticking in my back. Only real complaint was the breakfast was too late, if like us you like to be first in the queue at the chairlift.
ski holidays
I would consider staying in Braemar it is only 9 miles north of Glenshee (same as Aviemore to Cairngorm), people visiting from the north such as Aberdeen stay here people coming from the south usually choose the spittal (lots of ski hire options in Braemar as well). The best thing about the Braemar side is the road has a much gentler approach to the centre, no need for chains this side of Glenshee. Occasionally the south approach can be closed but the north side stays open. Loads of B&B’s and some nice hotels to choose from such as the Fife Arms hotel. If you were worried about getting stuck in Braemar if the south approach is blocked you would just have to head to Aberdeen (57 miles from Braemar) then it is all dual carriageway south.
latest report
e.g., its okay, i thought it was hard to believe as well !!!
latest report
There's the Dalrulzion hotel on the Blairgowrie side. I stayed there some time ago, it was ok. There always used to be a ceilidh on a saturday night.
snow report
If the beds are unconfortable stay in the bar longer! Thats what we used to do, it used to be fun 20 years ago. Probably the same beds there now.

I would book as soon as you can. Last year we got a beutiful place in Aveimore last minute but this year it was a struggle finding something over the holiday period.
Good luck
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy