Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder or Piste?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
powder or maybe spring snow................
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You really have to ask? Puhlease...

Although, perfect spring snow vs perfect powder?

Nah, still no question.

Powder is better than s*x.

Well, average s*x anyway...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Powder is better than s*x.
Not according to the lucky women that I've been with

MRS FTS, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although I took my GF snowboarding in Hintertux in October, there was no powder to be had, so direct scientific comparison between sex and powder was not possible. Hopefully this winter will be different. Not keen on anyone peer-reviewing my findings though!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I ski 90% off-piste (of the other 8% half is to get to the off-piste or get back from it and 2% is when the ruts and sastrugi and really bad breakable crust get too much for me).
I actually rather like heavy porridge (I know it's perverse) and breakable crust is OK if it breaks easily (but if it holds you up sometimes and you break through only on turns it is just hard work).

But making the first tracks in powder - that's the ultimate.

"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -- Dolores LaChapelle
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
But you do get different grades of powder. My fave is "elevator snow" - so deep and fluffy that when you go over a drop it just falls along with you cushioning your descent.

Marvellous.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I also ski about 90% off piste (I find that skiing on-piste just messes up my knees and my back these days). I also only use the piste to get to the next piece of off-piste.
I too like heavy porridge, though I've never quite come to love breakable crust.
I love laying down tracks when you have a couple of cm of 'firn' on top of a frozen base

But powder is simply the best.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If the snow is good, then it's got to be off-piste and if you're the first person/group that's as good as it gets. Working trails through trees is a bit special.

However, I also like moguls, which tends to mean piste and carving nice, big, high speed arcs, which definitely means piste.

Twang . . . oops, I appear to have hit a fence.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I once did a first-aid course and we were shown a picture of someone who did that in Scotland, He most have taken a little air and impaled himself on one of those fence posts along the edge of the piste. There he was with about 2" diameter log sticking out of his belly. Ok, we were asked, what would you do about that!

PS I didn't go so far as to say I LIKED breakable crust (unless it is just a light crust you can smash through without effort - just a bit of speed and confidence).

Yes, trees are fun.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In good conditions there is no choice but if you spend a lot of time off-piste you will find some hideous snow and then a day cruising
the resort will be a good idea.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stop the Brutal Grooming Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy