Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favourite Apres Ski Drink

Poster: A snowHead
Bombardino! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geepee, Laughing snowHead Laughing

well, the OP drinks just sounded a bit effette to me. Beer will do me Schuss in Boots, . Will that change anything for you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky wrote:
hedley, could it be Aperol? That is lovely in prosecco

Fantastic, not had it skiing, but in Venice..... Loved it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just been to Aldi as it is next door to work and didn't fancy walking too far for my lunch. Managed to pick up a bottle of gluwine for £3.49. Ready to drink, just pop it in the microwave. Its not a patch on welcome meeting vin chaud though, it is only then you realy feel you are in the alps.
Think that i deserve it after a walk home in the snow.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Home made gluwine or mulled wine, ratio: 2 bottles of red, mixer = 1 bottle of brandy rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On the slopes - fresh milk or hot chocolate, depending on the outside temperatures. I don't mix alcohol and skiing ever. As I drive to the slopes mostly, I only have a Radler after skiing.

The Aperol and Prosecco is really refreshing and nice in the afternoon after a late Spring ski day when I'm not driving.

Can't understand the obsession with weird mixtures and getting rat-@rsed at the drop of a hat! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beer
Tea
Whisky

at various times after skiing.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue wrote:
On the slopes - fresh milk or hot chocolate, depending on the outside temperatures. I don't mix alcohol and skiing ever. As I drive to the slopes mostly, I only have a Radler after skiing.

The Aperol and Prosecco is really refreshing and nice in the afternoon after a late Spring ski day when I'm not driving.

Can't understand the obsession with weird mixtures and getting rat-@rsed at the drop of a hat! Puzzled

Not keen on the fresh milk option, but at least we agree on the Aperol and Prosecco.

Someone I ski with drinks southern comfort on each and every chair lift through the day, I do not understand this at all.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=69811#1650754

You may be alone on the ratarseness!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I only drink on the apres-ski. Can't drink and ski, even though it could well give me that bit dutch courage i need on the narrow sections.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bombardinos in Livigno, a bar at the bottom of a black run, cheap drink and free entertainment. Fantastic .
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Large beer with a hot widow chaser NehNeh
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
During the day if its really cold hot choc with a shot of rum in it takes some beating.

Foe apres beer then more beer.

Cheers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Strong black coffee and large Armagnac for 10am ish

Hot Chocolate and Rum or Gluwein during the day

Beer at apres

Wine at dinner

Beer and Williams/Eau de Vie at extended apres

About 4l of water a day.

Repeat as often as necessary...... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are off to Wagrain shortly and will remember Samerberg Sue with Heiße Witwe.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In Tignes ... Vin Chaude
In Tux ....... Jagger Tea
In Gods Back Yard ... A shot of Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey with a blob of maple syrup in it.
Best drink a few of them in the hot tub.

But wear at least a bobble hat in the tub because its often -30 out there.
snow conditions
I try not to discriminate. Normally lager, until I go home or I've drunk enough to start making reckless decisions. At this point it's anyone's guess what I might happen on, but the cheapest option is usually near the top of the pile, as is sambuca & coke.
latest report
@SnoodyMcFlude,
Sambuca & Coke? That's a sacrilege !!

Sambuca is not too be watered down or mixed, it must only be the clear stuff not these flavoured upstarts.
Sambuca must have an odd number of coffee beans floating in it.
(you dont have to set fire to it)
Then it must be sipped along with a double espresso, not glugged down as a shot.

But enjoy Very Happy
snow conditions
My apres ski beverage choice was so good I've obviously missed 6 years of this thread Wink
ski holidays
@DrLawn, it's a session drink Very Happy By making it dirty it becomes a long drink that takes time, if I'm let loose on neat sambuca then it disappears quickly and the effects are not necessarily good...tbh the effects are not completely fantastic when I'm drinking Blackjacks either Shocked

Totally agree about it not being a shot. I've often been told off for sipping when someone decides to buy shots but it's an out & out sipping drink.
ski holidays
Tea
snow conditions
Aperol spritz. 3 parts prosecco 2 parts aperol 1 part soda and lots of ice Fantastic.
ski holidays
Definately a beer

Isn't Aperol just a poor mans Campari?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 28-12-16 0:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Beer but with some of that lovely Peach syrup you can get.
And all the tickets for the Jager train.
snow report
Kooky wrote:
hedley, could it be Aperol? That is lovely in prosecco

Aperol Spritser is my favourite.

Then wine,

Then Sambuca.

By listing Sambuca as favourite drink I mean other people thinking 12 flaming sambuca shorts in the Portovecovo bar @ 23.00 hrs is a good idea, while dancing/grinding... followed by rolling in the snow..... followed by waking up in Jail (AKA the boot room @ 3am).... followed by a massive OMG WTF did I do hangover.... that clears into "whitey" moments throughout the day as I PMSL at the F'ing state of them is good idea Happy
latest report
peter42 wrote:
Aperol spritz. 3 parts prosecco 2 parts aperol 1 part soda and lots of ice Fantastic.

Yes
snow report
t44tomo wrote:
Definately a beer

No! No! Nooooooo! Happy
snow report
Beer

Glayva in the hip flask and/or ski poles

https://www.leki.com/uk/product-area/alpine-skiing/poles/2399/hot-shot-s/
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
Then Sambuca.

By listing Sambuca as favourite drink I mean other people thinking 12 flaming sambuca shorts in the Portovecovo bar @ 23.00 hrs is a good idea, while dancing/grinding... followed by rolling in the snow..... followed by waking up in Jail (AKA the boot room @ 3am).... followed by a massive OMG WTF did I do hangover.... that clears into "whitey" moments throughout the day as I PMSL at the F'ing state of them is good idea Happy

Laughing Laughing

I keep a hip flask of scotch for cold chair lifts and I enjoy a nice bottle of red in the evening!
That sounds way more civilised than my hangovers. I think something happens in between... snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2x beers + 1x pear schnapps with a bit of schnapps-soaked pear in it per-person.

The Theory:
1. Hold pear in one hand, shot in the other and drink the shot.
2. Eat the pear.
3. Drink the beer, not having to go back to the bar too often.

The Reality:
1. Drink the shot, put down glass and cover one beer with now free hand.
2. Drop pear in to a friends beer and cover second beer with second free hand.
3. Wait until all pear accounted for, then drink beer.

We're all far too old to behave like this.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 28-12-16 12:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
t44tomo wrote:
Definately a beer

No! No! Nooooooo! Happy

I think you'll find it is. It's even made by Campari, just half the strength with a bit of rhubarb thrown in for good measure.
snow conditions
Beer. But I am partial to a few toffee vodkas and genepis (not together!!).
latest report
Kwak
snow report
outsidehalf10 wrote:
Kwak

Ohh yes indeed. One kwak after another until you forget to put the glass in the holder and soak everyone!
ski holidays
Currently enjoying a refreshing hugo spritz. Prost!
snow conditions
A pint of lager and a nice cognac chaser.
snow conditions
Decisions, decisions:

Beer with toffee vodka and/or fig schnapps; wine back at the ranch…………..then if the body is up to it, back out and on beer and or vodka, schnapps and then……….................................have you read that bloke's book Laughing
snow report
In my younger days it would have been lager.

As one ages, the effects of stomach lining thining and acidity of alcohol, would direct me towards more stomach lining friendly drinks like irish cream liquer or anything with freshly squeezed lemon juice and no fizzy drinks added. For example, port with freshly squeezed lemon has a similar taste to a godfather (whisky and lemon juice), but lower alcohol. (it just tastes of lemon). Some people say lemon juice is acidic, which it is, but it actually makes the stomach become less acidic.

Also, I would probably eat some food before burning my oesophagus with alcohol.

The main thing to do would be to reduce the strength of alcohol, and increase the hydration. This alcalises the drink.

As Del boy would have, a brandy and alka seltzer is probably very apt these days. Drink with a straw, to avoid enamel erosion in the teeth!

Laughing
snow conditions
I made some Christmas pudding vodka this year and thats slipping down a treat, bloody potent though.....hic
snow report
I did invent a great cocktail many years ago... Called the Tangerine Scream.

4 measures Absinth
2 measures Blue Curacao
Juice of half a tangerine
Ice
latest report
@Spyderman, +++++++1 for "old mutzig", though only in small glasses to start of with until acclimatized otherwise it is like rocket fuel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy