Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier/4-Vallees 2010/11

Poster: A snowHead
Now, lets get the chair in from Plan du Fou over to lac de Vaux - Then weve got a proper, joined up system!
A bit of a pipe dream I know, but look on the map - it could be done
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martinperry,
Quote:

Now, lets get the chair in from Plan du Fou over to lac de Vaux

and why would TeleVerbier want that to happen?
wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I for one would promise to go over every day and eat in their expensive restaraunts!! rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Sparks wrote:

wink

Doesn't Televerbier own Telenedaz now?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, they are responsible for the operational management of TeleThyon which they own 30% of but TeleNandaz is a separate outfit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In Fact TeleNendaz own 10% of TeleVerbier
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steve Sparks wrote:
martinperry,
Quote:

Now, lets get the chair in from Plan du Fou over to lac de Vaux

wink

Surely there must be reciprocal payments between the companies. If such a link existed more people would buy 4V tickets at Nendaz - Televerbier surely would share in that?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And Martin - it's Fraser - Hi!

Are you really going out in 4 weeks? We are out a week tomorrow - forecast looking a little more promising.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frazer - Yep, we are ging on the 16th April - always a gamble, but we had a spare weeks credit to burn so what the hell!
Hopefully the late dump is on the way (everything bar Tracouet rourge closed on our mountain!!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Live update from Verbier.....

- greppon drag is finally working! The verbier side is now out of action but the left lift is ok for verbier.

- It's snowing (a bit) higher up!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Live update from Verbier.....

- greppon drag is finally working! The verbier side is now out of action but the left lift is ok for verbier.

- It's snowing (a bit) higher up!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow in Verbier have just returned 26th March Quite a few runs in the lower areas where closed due to lack of snow. Upper slope conditions icy in the morning but runs getting slushy in the afternoon.The itinerary route to La Tzoumaz is still quite good but the path is very badly rutted.
La tzoumaz run home very poor in the afternoon. Still had a great week skiing Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's been some serious melting going on since last weekend. Sat in the very cosy Cabane de Tortin trying to work out where to look for the goods tomorrow.... Forecast looks great for next weekend though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some pics from the weekend here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1761952#1761952

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Certainly noticed a degradation in snow quality from when I was up last week. There are still decent runs to be found, but it was noticeably slushier and more stony than last weekend.

The steep top part of the piste running the length of the jumbo cable car was especially bad, but the rest if the run was ok. Elsewhere above ruinettes it was generally ok, below rather slushy but skiable.
ski holidays
DAVID SNELL wrote:
Markymark29, As an aside to the snow reports, I have just been looking at the Telenendaz site and there is a report in French about the their future activities and below is the relevant paragraph in French:-

INVESTISSEMENTS FUTURS
Pour l’année à venir, notre société prévoit consacrer près de 7 millions de francs à
l’augmentation du débit de la télécabine de Tracouet et à l’amélioration globale de
son offre. Elle a déjà agrandi durant cet été l’atelier et le garage de Tracouet en vue
d’accueillir plus de cabines dès 2011-2012.
A terme et en fonction de l’obtention des autorisations de construire, votre Conseil
d’administration s’est fixé, vous le savez, comme priorité la rénovation de la liaison
Haute-Nendaz/Siviez qui comprend l’enneigement de la piste de Prarion ainsi que le
remplacement du télésiège de Siviez et du téléski de Plan-du-Fou par une télécabine.
Ces investissements sont désormais urgents, les oppositions répétées aux projets d’enneigement
et de construction de nouvelles installations, causant incontestablement
un énorme préjudice financier à notre société.

Based on my limited French it would appear that they intend to renovate the link between Siviez and Haute Nendaz with snow making on Prarion,
and replacing the the chair and drag lift from Siviez to Plan du Fou with a gondola. It seems from the last paragraph of their report that the company is well aware of the problems of the having the link broken many times during the season.

As I said in a prevoius post the the M.D. of a local renatal agency said that Telenendaz has no choice but to update the link ASAP. This is even more urgent , with the extensive building programme that continues in the village of Haute Nendaz.

I cannot believe that the drag lift Greppon Blanc I described previously as "the longest drag in the world" is still broken after 10 days!!!!

Looks good. I was reminded that they are meant to be doubling the number of gondolas on the main Nendaz lift. However without the investment you have detailed that would of course be a bit pointless. Ideally you want a gondola on the Nendaz side up to the top as well, that drag toe is a bustard, particularly for boarders, obviously.

The Greppon Blanc drags are ridiculous also, the whole 'bowl' area between Siviez and Veysonnaz could be so easily improved by a gondola up GP and maybe 1 or 2 chairlifts. That area really seems to hold snow and it could be a fantastic improvement to the whole 4V.

This next wee forecast of snow will hopefully see us through next week.
snow conditions
About a foot fell last night up top. Six inches or so at the top of Nendaz. Great conditions inbetween the cloud! Twisted Evil
snow report
Some pics from Saturday - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1767033#1767033

ski holidays
Bob is a legend at finding the goods!

I will give the more plebian report....the pistes:

Rain yesterday up to Ruinnettes, snowed above that.
This morning all was boilerplate as it had frozen hard, and the underlying snow was wet already.

As the day goes on the pistes transition from hard to perfect to slushy.
The Pisteurs have done a grand job and skiing all the way down is fine (though obviously slushy).
The off-the-sides off piste wasn't great, about 5-10cm of fresh stuff on top of hard, crunchy frozen wetter stuff.

I've skied better, but I've certainly skied worse and if you are coming out again this season there will still be plenty to ski on.
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
Bob is a legend at finding the goods!

I will give the more plebian report....the pistes:

Rain yesterday up to Ruinnettes, snowed above that.
This morning all was boilerplate as it had frozen hard, and the underlying snow was wet already.

As the day goes on the pistes transition from hard to perfect to slushy.
The Pisteurs have done a grand job and skiing all the way down is fine (though obviously slushy).
The off-the-sides off piste wasn't great, about 5-10cm of fresh stuff on top of hard, crunchy frozen wetter stuff.

I've skied better, but I've certainly skied worse and if you are coming out again this season there will still be plenty to ski on.

Wholeheartedly agree Rungsp. We are in Nendaz and have had a fantastic day - certainly beats the office!
ski holidays
Good to hear. will be arriving on Saturday. One question we had been planning to put out kids into ski school in the afternoon (Based from Siviez). Will the snow still be reasonable in the afternoon at altitude to make lessons worthwhile, or should we skip the lessons? (Afternoon lessons are the only financially viable ones)
snow report
T Bar, afternoons it will be slush from top to bottom....forecast is hot.
snow report
T Bar wrote:
Good to hear. will be arriving on Saturday. One question we had been planning to put out kids into ski school in the afternoon (Based from Siviez). Will the snow still be reasonable in the afternoon at altitude to make lessons worthwhile, or should we skip the lessons? (Afternoon lessons are the only financially viable ones)

I wouldn't bother to be honest - maybe Verbier - do they take them there? There are a couple of hours of filling removing corduroy, half an hour of perfect conditions and then we are in to the super soft stuff. One of my daughters loves skiing and has skied all day, my other daughter doesn't - I haven't even bought her a pass. We have been swimming at the thermal baths in Saillion twice! It's a holiday, with a bit of skiing thrown in and I have to say I like it. Based in Nendaz - I love this town, just a pity you cant ski out of it!
ski holidays
Thanks we were there five years ago when it was a relatively poor snow year and fairly warm and they had great afternoon lessons a lot of it up at the top in Verbier but it sounds like this year is a fair bit worse. Will probably give the lessons a miss, number one child should be studying for highers in the afternoon anyway.
latest report
Frazer,
Did you drive down to the baths the back way towards Iserables or via Sion?
Is the skiing from Gentianes down to Ruinettes / Chaux / Lac de Vaux reasonable? - I can keep my 5 year olds going all day up there - Apaarentley Verbier is REALLY EASY!!
Puzzled
ski holidays
T Bar wrote:
Thanks we were there five years ago when it was a relatively poor snow year and fairly warm and they had great afternoon lessons a lot of it up at the top in Verbier but it sounds like this year is a fair bit worse. Will probably give the lessons a miss, number one child should be studying for highers in the afternoon anyway.

T Bar - it is so quiet you might contact the lesson people and offer them a deal, we will come in the morning at afternoon price or not at all.

Martin - the sat nav in my Nissan Navarra attempted to bring me back that way a couple of years ago - wife was screaming - thought we were going over the edge - so we turned back. Have you done it? Went to pool in Laveyy today - like Saillion expensive - but very good fun.
latest report
Some true spring snow starting to appear, but anything seriously off has to be treated with mega caution. Avalanches popping up all over the place.
latest report
Frazer,
Guess my wife is made of sterner stuff!!
The real fun comes in summer if you go X country to Tzoumaz - Logging tracks and everything!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
martinperry wrote:
Frazer,
Guess my wife is made of sterner stuff!!
The real fun comes in summer if you go X country to Tzoumaz - Logging tracks and everything!!

She must be - and maybe you compared to me! Seriously hot and melting now. 15 degrees up top at 10am. Still great fun. We just had a beer on the side of the piste and one other skier went passed in half an hour. Sunbathing now.

So Martin - what's the road like and do you think it's quicker?
snow report
I make up for my bottle in a car by abject cowardice on skis!!
Yes, Probably about 5 -10 mins quicker and about 10 Km shorter - brings you into Basse Nendaz. Its the route that Sat Navs try to catch out the uninitiated with!!
Its not that bad so long as its not snowed! - Space for passing, and the sheer drops are sort of protected!! (red piste)
In the summer, the village of condemines is much more exciting - the roads are about 6 ft wide between overhanging buildings and about 45 deg (black)
Then theres the logging tracks - you can pretend you are a WRC driver, but 4x4 with good suspension travel essential!! (Itinerary)
Yet to try the off piste driving - probably best done on a mountain bike!! Toofy Grin
snow report
For an up-to-date piste report.....

Read my previous piste report.....no changes!
snow conditions
Avalanche risk starting to have some impact on what's open. Col de Gentianes now closed. The skiers' right route unpassable because of a huge avalanche. We got stuck at the top of the Combatzaline chair yesterday afternoon when they shut the pistes because of the risk of the Greppon Blanc falling on to it. Had to download on the chair.

Run down into Siviez now very patchy and runs into Verbier shutting on Sunday (if they hold out that long).

Snow at Lac Des Vaux is wonderful and the pistes down to Attelas chair are fabulous, it does help if you have around 115mm under your boots though!

Cow fighting in Sembrancher tomorrow.
snow report
Tis the time for BBQs, cow fighting and sitting in the sun talking about all the terrain features that you've "never seen without snow on it before in all my seasons here" Sad
snow report
Just back from the Cow Fighting.

I can report a very sporty showing by 137 in the C final, but how the judges allowed 117 to get fourth place when all she did was seek a quiet spot out of the action for the whole contest....a travesty!

BBQ on the terrace tonight....

I cannot understand how the Avalanche Risk is only 3, maybe it is because everything has already avalanched and there is nothing left to slide?
snow report
Properly slushy by 2pm today, if fact by 12.00 really.

Early on it is hard and fine.

Skied down to Medran earlier, while it was still hard and firm, and that was fine, but downloaded at 2.00 and the botton parts of the ski down looked very poor indeed when seen from above.

Still, it is mid April, we are still skiing, there is ample snow up top to last until the end of the month.....let's not overdo the doom-and-gloom!
snow conditions
Is there a connection between the cow fighting and subsequent BBQ? Smile

I guess that any areas that can manage these conditions well to give what remains of the snow a shot at being skiable properly deserve bookings for next season as there seems to have been more work put in by the grooming teams than I've ever seen before so full appreciation to them.

It's interesting about improving links around Nedaz / Siviez as I've only skied this area with adults and not had the confidence to take younger kids there as the drags would be a real struggle. Plan du fou is one of my favourite bits down to Siviez and it would be good to take family there.
ski holidays
Some friends skied Verbier yesterday and said Jumbo and Mt Fort closed. Someone please tell me it's not true? Snow forecast to tonight and tomorrow so hoping for some powder turns at the weekend....
snow report
http://www.verbier.ch/en/domaine-skiable/meteo-neiges/meteo-verbier-0-687

That suggets they are open...
snow conditions
Around 40% of their lifts were open today.

Resort trails are closed.
snow conditions
BobinCH, good luck, GMs closing if not closed already...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy