Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboards onboard Eurostar (ski train)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

After much going back and forth and internet research i have finally found confirmation that although indirect our train from Ashford to Bourg via Paris counts as a ski train and thus the same baggage allowances appply.

So can anyone who has been on either the ski train or normal eurostar tell me if they put just their snowboard in the bag or if they included their bindings and boots too? It is possible for us to put our boots and bindings in the luggage and just carry a couple of board bags with literally only boards in there but not preferable.

So anyone got any experiences?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not recently but used to do it regularly until about 4 years ago - done both the Eurostar direct, and the Eurostar-Paris, then overnight TGV sleeper. There were 4 of us....3 ski bags, 4 pieces of luggage, and 2 boot bags.

For Eurostar.....the last 2 carriages are usually the 'cargo' carriages - go there, drop of your kit, walk back to your carriage, sleep!

For Eurostar-TGV, same, but with the added palaver of getting all your kit off, and then finding a cupboard for ski bags on the TGV near your couchette, with all the rest of your luggage in the couchette cubby holes etc.

Bring a neck pillow and ear plugs!! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just thought i would provide a quick update to this in case anyone is searching for teh same info.

We got through with no problems and with no extra cost. They put all our bags in a dedicated carraige and then we had to run to our seating carriage. All in it was a lot of fun and no problems. Bear in mind however that we went from Ashford and that it was a Friday so maybe it wasn;t as busy as a Saturday and thus that could have been the reason it was no problem.

The carriage where we put our stuff had almost nothing in though so I would be surprised if anyone was turned away.

regards
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy