Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best start to the season for 30 years

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to the French news, best start to winter for 30 years with snow and temperatures a month early. Not good for alpine wildlife though.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidof, at the risk of upsetting someone that I respect, please may I ask if this is your opinion or if this is factual ( or both wink ). I ask because my first thought upon reading is that well, we appear to have a serious problem with Global climate change heralding the end of Alpine ecosystems, and yet when it does get colder, this is also seems to cause a problem ?? I'm very interested........

EDIT just seen the "according to French news" bit........d'oh !!!!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have to correct myself "one of the best starts to winter" is what they claimed.

Still expect high temperatures and foehn for the start of December... it is a kind of tradition to dash our hopes rolling eyes
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, wash your mouth out........I'm in Meribel in 2 weeks time.....let's go back to this 'best start to the season in 30 years' way of thinking Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof, oh God, not another Christmas/New Year like the last one. We had to call the gendarmerie twice to the caisse centrale because disgruntled punters were getting aggressive with the cashiers. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The UK is having one of the top-20% snowiest Novembers of the past 50 years.

Parts of California got 7 feet of snow in 3 days above 1800m last week.

Great start to the season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, I'll look forward to reading your blog if that happens again Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We currently have snow lying in our garden at 30m amsl, 4 miles from the sea. Never seen snow in November at sea level before. 20cm at 400m in the hills.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jackson Hole is opening the whole resort today??

http://live.tetongravity.com/_Biggest-Opening-in-the-History-of-Jackson-Hole/blog/3033866/75233.html

Biggest Opening in history of Jackson, according to Teton G Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We need to create some mountains in Newcastle with the amount of snow we have!! Still snowing as I type but not enough snow at Allenheads just to the west to ski. Maybe we could truck it over in the morning like at the Winter Olympics this year. I never thought the winter tyres on the car would be this useful
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i think that depends where you are cos here, it might be ok up top, but if we dont get a real dump before 11th dec they wont be opening the whole resort!
from what i can see its actually most of the rest of france that has awesome snow!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
isnt this just the start of the northern hemisphere cooling a bit and the southern one now warming.. a 30 ? yr cycle or whatever.. plus a bone idle sun enhancing the effect..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy