Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lech

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from my dentist which was a frightening experience as our normal “ski chit-chat” seemed to upset him immensely. He went to Lech this year (apparently his 4th time) and has vowed never to return again. According to him the resort has gone downhill rapidly!! Grooming was awful and clientele even more stuck up than normal.
Well so much for NHS dentists struggling but has anybody else experienced the same in Lech this year or is my dentist just having a bad day? As far as I can remember it use to be expensive, but very good.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bluebull,
You don't seem to have had much luck with this request, I will attempt a somewhat incomplete answer.
I have not skied Lech for a couple of years so cannot tell you that much about this year. My sister and her husband however went to Lech this year and enjoyed themselves, they are certainly not stuck up nor did they comment adversly on the grooming.

Personally I have stayed in Lech 3 times and skied it from St Anton another 2 or 3 times and have never had any problems with either clientelle or grooming. I doubt someone who has been to a resort several times before would give an entirely innacurate report, but he may have just been unlucky with the time he went it can happen. I would not let it put me off a resort that I have previously enjoyed unless I was hearing a barrge of such reports.

Lech may be a little more expensive that the Austrian average, personally I have found it cheaper than many of the French mega resorts. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has been a number of years since I have been to Lech, but I loved it. I thought the grooming was pretty good. I normally ski in Vermont in the USA, which tends to have very good grooming because it's an icy place, and the grooming quality in Lech was not that far behind that standard.

I have skiied all over North America and Europe (albeit less so) and have never found a place that grooms as well as Sun Valley, Idaho.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Visited Lech a few times this season while staying in StAnton. I can't say that the piste grooming was any worse than last year and was generally to a pretty good standard anyway - far better than many resorts.
Can't comment on how stuck-up the clientele were - didn't really fraternise much. If anything tho, the clientele in Zurs were more stuck-up, but in an amusing way.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Caspar, I've always thought that about Zurs Very Happy I've also always thought Zurs was expensive compared to Lech, I've never been able to find a hotel or pension at a good price for Zurs whereas for Lech it's never hard.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ise,
I have never stayed in either but certainly restaurants in Zurs are the more expensive of the two.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed in St Anton in the second week of January i.e. before the good snow arrived. We skied the Lech circuit one day and the gooming and snow cover was better in Lech. We returned to Lech for 4 days in Easter week and stayed at the Tannbergerhof in the centre. The freezing level was persistently above 2000m and for 2 days it rained at resort level. According to locals the weather was very unusual! In my limited experience, trying to groom sludge which doesn't even freeze at night is not an easy task but you can't blame the groomers. Despite these problems, the hotel (four star) was pricey but very comfortable and the food 1st class, but we booked at the last minute and took what we found. Service was very good and very friendly throughout the resort. The kids (15 and 19) loved the evening scene. Had no problem with "stuck up" people. We're planning to return between Christmas and New Year. Where's Stanton? I'm sure he'll have a positive picture to convey.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

trying to groom sludge which doesn't even freeze at night is not an easy task but you can't blame the groomers
If the sludge is groomed and then it freezes it is awful. It sets rock hard and is like skiing on corrugated metal. It was the must destructive surface my knees have ever encountered as every little bump is transmitted up through the skis. The noise given off by the skis is almost deafening. Really it should be groomed after it has frozen (is this possible?)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went to Lech twice this year and thought it was really good. The home runs are always bumpy by the end of the day. My husband prefers Lech to Courchevel because it's friendlier!
Erica
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy