Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Think this guys knows his stuff - Off Piste / Touring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Came across this http://www.larsonweb.com/backcountryskigear/index.html yesterday when I was searching around for any info on Marker Duke / Garmont Axon compatability as I did hear from a Ski Shop that you should not use Dynafit compatable Axons with Marker Dukes / Barons due to possible weakness at the rear where the Dynafit lugs are - this was news to me as I used them last year!

Anyway I followed it up with an email to the UK Importer and heard back from him just as I was emailing this guy in the States and this was his response.

I've used my Axons with Markers quite often with no problems.

I would not hesitate to use the Axons with any alpine touring binding.

On 11/24/2010 9:05 AM, Gavin wrote:
Hi there from the UK – was just Googling and come across your page http://www.larsonweb.com/backcountryskigear/index.html so looks like you know your stuff J

And just wondered what your POV was on this re the Axons – I usually use them with Dynafit bindings and this past season I used them for the first time with Marker Duke bindings on more than one occasion – I did hear, rightly or wrongly that this was not to be done as the Dynafit fitting on the rear of the boot was a weak point – I thought that these boots were designed to go on other Alpine Touring bindings not just Dynafit - any views on this?

Heard this back from the UK Distributor of Garmin just now whilst emailing you

Garmont are comfortable in stating the Axon is compatible with the
Duke binding system,if still in doubt,get the marker opinion as well.

Reading through what he uses I feel quite pleased that I've more or less ended up with his favourite quiver all be it , I have Missions instead of Mantras using the Axon along with Marker bindings.

And then for longer tours I switch to my Dynafit mounted K2 Mount Bakers still using the Axons
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutely no problems using any boot with Duke binding, what aload of bollix, who said that you couldn't use Axon with Duke?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Actually it was the Baron, I know it's all in the detail but isn't the Barron / Duke the same design - I'm not going to mention the shop - but they are not exactly mupetts!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weathercam, Yes Duke and Baron can be considered the same in this instance. Drives me nuts when people just make up this kind of bollox. No justification, just some 'opinion' just to have one. Muppetts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy