Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski lessons and stuff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
slikedges, Because it's very difficult to balance and ski on them with good control, and so many mono-riders do not actually ski well to start with. On a snowboard you can easily lie down in the snow if you're losing it, but on a mono you're upright and it's therefore very difficult psycologically to throw yourself to the ground when all else fails. Ocassionally you do see a good mono skier, and then at a distance it's hard to know if they're on one or two skis. Sadly very few practitioners are even remotely competant.

The first season I was here an English girl on a mono killed herself and 3 others, because she lost control and couldn't hurl herself to the ground. Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arno, They're water skis!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, This is McConkey on water skis.
http://www.skiingmag.com/skiing/feature/article/0,12910,485939,00.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mesk1, bah! beat me to it!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, from that first link on Spatulas, talking about his inspiration for the design:
McConkey wrote:
I thought about hard snow and soft snow and began comparing the similarities of powder to water. I realized that the effects of riding on powder snow would be very similar to riding on water. Water skis have reverse side cut. So do surf boards. And they both have decamber or rocker.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mono Ski:

I saw Paddy Ashdown on a mono-ski in Flaine, I think it was New Year 1988/9.
He was a seriously good skier!

I also saw him propped up in the corner of that "elevator" lift thing that goes between the two Flaine levels, very very late on that New Years Eve:
He was holding a bottle of wine, on his own, totally p!ssed and saying to the others in the lift "I'll just have one more drink and then I'm off to bed. I'll just have one more drink and then I'm off to bed. I'll just.....etc etc etc"
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy