Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Royal Wedding Weekend April '11

Poster: A snowHead
Just realised - its a 4 day weekend, 29th April - May Day 1st May, and not thinking I'll likely be getting an invite to the wedding tempted to do a long weekend as a closer to the season. Any suggestions re venue, Tignes, St Anton etc?

I've skied end April in Arlberg before and it was great and am keen to look at driveable options - any suggestions re locations for a 3 night late season break? Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markymark29, many snowHeads will be in Val Thorens, for the EoSB.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29, Chamonix has a great record that time of year, ive never failed to have pow when I've been over May day bank and the one year I went to Lech it dumped the whole time there as well. I believe Lech is due to be open till then next year, I think the last few years it has finished earlier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gsyfreerider, I was in Chamonix one early April when, from the top of Brevent, you could see people playing golf on what should have been the cross-country track!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, Aye, but the golf-course/valley floor are barely at 1,000m! The lifts go a smidge higher!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevomcd, indeed, but the snow was fairly crappy on top as well! It was a surreal sight, though, that's why I remembered it. Can't remember what year that was, it was a poor late season everywhere. Sorry, not a particular helpful post on my part, really! Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle - VT looks like a great option, do you think they'd be interested in a direct booking for 2 nights, Sat - Monday or do they just do full weeks? Sent an enquiry but no response, will they be block-booked for the Snowheads EoSB do you think?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29, Admin takes a block booking and struggles to get any more space as other groups take the the rest of the building. If you can't take the whole week off work you could come for half a week, say, but you;d still have to pay full price for the accommodation, not sure about the lift past element (the other year admin arranged a 3 day lift pass for MrHL but I can't remember if we paid full price). You could take the lardy bus one-way for your transfer but you'd have to make your own arrangements the other way. The real answer, is of course to come for the week Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29, the follwing week is Dutch week, so they are likely to be pretty full up across most of VT I think.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, all - Thanks for this but I cant make the week, busy at work either side at this time of year and I am just able to come for 2.5 days skiing, ie travel Friday and ski Sat-Mon lunchtime. I have been thinking about staying in the valley bottom and travelling up to VT daily and parking up etc, hotels in VT are mad money, presumably becasue of the demand to be high. Is this a feasible option, and if so do you know any decent reasonable hotels you could recommend?

Alternatively is Val Claret a resonable option, or better to stick with VT and travel up?

Any thoughts welcomed.............. Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29, I'm not the right person to advise on that - I only ever got to Val Thorens on a bash. I'm sure someone else will be along soon enough...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, Cheers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29, Thinking of going to the EOSB myself as the windfall BH has made it easier but might well stay on Sat & Sun nights if you wanted to split a hotel room somewhere.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29, skied fresh powder 1st may last year in tignes snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

skied fresh powder 1st may last year in tignes

Ditto for us in val T at the time! Very Happy

Both have been excellent over the past 4 May Day holidays that we have visited!! ANd grand Montets is usually good in Chamonix then, as well wink
snow report
fatbob, Neilski, Cheers for feedback - I know the days are long and likely sunny that time of year, is the snow hard and cruddy, and freeze/thaw or is it still good and can you ski all day or just until lunchtime?

fatbob, Will be with my wife, so sorted re room etc - I have tried looking at all places in VT to get a room with no success, may have to stay down the valley and travel up daily from say St Martin de Belleville, or maybe even Aime. Have you had much success?

Smile
snow report
Anyone got an appt to rent in VT for the 29.04 - 02.05 weekend (or know a good contact?), 2 maybe 4 people? Struggling to find a room in either VT (or even St Martin DB).

Cheers Madeye-Smiley
latest report
we've just come back from vt (i feel soooo smug) and we drove up each morning from le chatelard in st martin de belleville. took less than half hour, roads really good
one of the open car parks was free, the undercover was 5 euros for the day. i don't know if these prices apply near the end of season . we found our chalet through the ownersdirect.co.uk website.
latest report
graywiggle, Sounds great, bet it was brilliant. Could you please PM me the details, all the ones I could see on there were 3/5 bedroom places, was your rental smaller? Smile
latest report
I detest Fascist Royalty & War Criminals.

Hopefully This is probably the best thing that the new breed of Royals can contribute !!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/wintour-and-watt/2011/apr/27/royal-wedding-tonyblair
latest report
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
Markymark29, Chamonix has a great record that time of year, ive never failed to have pow when I've been over May day bank and the one year I went to Lech it dumped the whole time there as well. I believe Lech is due to be open till then next year, I think the last few years it has finished earlier.

Its great looking back at peoples posts and seeing how far wrong some advice was!

Chamonix is set to close tomorrow!

No dig at you Guernsyfreerider, your just the post I picked up on. Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

I detest Fascist Royalty & War Criminals.

And this is of what relevance to tomorrow's shindig? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Chamonix is actually getting about a foot above 2000ish so could be a killer last day off the top at GM. Generally rubbish season from Jan onwards though. J
ski holidays
Val Thorens even if there no snow the party is on !!!

http://www.dutchweek.nl/

http://www.dutchweekfestival.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy