Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on, who's got snow in the UK then?

Poster: A snowHead
nothing here Smile and the route to Manchester Airport looking good for a 3.15 am start. Just hope the plane is in the right place.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A good 6 inches here. I think I might have to ski down the high street, just because I can Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do any local snowheads fancy a ski somewhere maybe rivington pike or something, its a longshot i know but i wanna do something!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Fingers crossed Very Happy Felt so sad for the people due to leave from the London airports today, as - according to the news - it's not looking good Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I feel quite cheated. Not a single flake here. I realise we had a nice deluge 2 weeks ago but that's mostly gone now. Boooooooo...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, Now you know how we felt on the other side of the Pennines 2 weeks ago, seriously we had a little dusting and that was it!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, which is precisely what we had on Thursday. You win this time. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Heavy snow all morning here.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm very impressed. We live in a residential "no through road" that ends in the sea. Could hardly be a less important highway or byway but there's just been a plough down the road. There wasn't really enough snow to bother with a plough, but "they" clearly had a contingency plan and have put it into action.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, i went and picked anna up this morning from her night shift and the main roads round here had not been ploughed. Still got through fine with care. Snow started to fall again now actually. I passed the trafford centre this morning and my god, on what will be the busiest day of the year for the place no preperation had been down for what i could see. Roads, paths covered in snow, that place will be a hell hole today!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Strange that Manchester is only 50 miles away yet the weather can be so different either side of the Pennines. Two weeks ago we had over a foot of snow, today the roles have been reversed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia, It is often the case. The Pennines shelter either side, i have been on the manchester side in the summer in torrential rain, and cool temps, get in the car, up over the top of the M62 and down into Yourkshire and often not a cloud in the sky. 2 weeks ago the weather was coming from the East, so everyone on your side was getting pelted with snow, the weather system was blocked by the high Pennines and we got nothing, roles reversed today thankfully!!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Finally we have snow in Oxford - about 6" since 9:00 . Looks like I might get to use the board for the second time this year on a local hill (last time in Jan - got some very odd looks on the bus)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Started snowing here in S.Warwkshire about 8am. And hasn't stopped since! Main roads are chaos: everyone crawling around at 10mph. Much quicker to get anywhere using the backroads: which may have about 6" of snow on them but no traffic.

Somehow BBC have been forecasting snow "showers", but its been continuous.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Been snowing very regularly since Thursday night here. At the moment it is dumping down and as there is no cloud movement to speak of it is not due to stop for some time.
Just stocked up on milk and bread as our radio advised that nothing is going to get here. This is definitely the most snow I have ever seen here given that we are almost at sea level. Kids are building an Igloo in the front garden at the mo'. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
I'm in Hoddesdon Herts and it started about 11am and hasn't stopped since, at one point we could barely see the house across the street, got about 4 inches and it isn't stopping.......
snow report
Been snowing on and off since end of July here it just doesnt make the news Laughing
latest report
Smokin Joe, Laughing Laughing
snow report
It's been snowing lightly for several hours here in Milton Keynes so there is a good covering over everything.
snow report
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiicccccccc

We live in a small village just outside Hertford, single track road and no chance of cars in or out. Fortunately my wife did the weekly shop this morning before it started, so we are okay. Plus we are both off work on Monday as well, so hopefully it will have gone by Tuesday!!!!!

Got to take the dog for a walk over the fields, might try my new saloppettes out Very Happy
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, drive through it in a low gear...simple.

Unless your a teacher then you are allowed to be off cause your car will never get through the snow Laughing
snow report
Quote:

drive through it in a low gear...

drive through what in a low gear?
snow report
Don't understand why Wandsworth Council haven't done any gritting whatsoever. Confused The hordes of Christmas shoppers in my neighbourhood are spending more time on their ar$es than on their feet.
latest report
The snow in the NW has been very concentrated. We've had 10-20cm across Greater Manchester but barely a sprinkling up in Cumbria. Yad Moss is still shut Sad But my local park was seeing some action Very Happy
snow report
I suppose precipitation is often very localised but it's not so obvious when it's rain. Certainly in the mountains there's often a big difference in depth of snow between two quite close places (not taking into account the obvious differences due to drifting).
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
Don't understand why Wandsworth Council haven't done any gritting whatsoever. Confused The hordes of Christmas shoppers in my neighbourhood are spending more time on their ar$es than on their feet.

Wandsworth roads are ... challenging. I've had the back end of the Audi (Quattro) step out big time twice today whilst pulling out of junctions. Traction control and ABS have been working overtime. Very, very slippy.
latest report
I had my first ski if the season today in some little park up in Oldham way. I will upload the video later on , nothing special but still fun for an hour!!!
snow report
Ishay, a hill in Oxford? Where? I was reduced to the famous Val de Kidlington meadows.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nineveh maybe it was South Park, up Headington Road? Moderately hilly. Has been good for a bit of a sledge in the past.
snow report
We got a real dump in such a short space of time. And really light fluffy stuff, not at all like the normal heavy wet snow we get that normally forms massive ice balls on the dogs legs Toofy Grin Lots of abandoned cars round our hills - and cars reversing back slowly down our side road Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Well here we go, i dont have any ski poles but still had a good day out in the local hills and parks etc. Was a last minute decision but worth it, felt great to get out on skis for the first time this season even though the hill was short!!!

View My Video
ski holidays
Nineveh, Shotover is always good for a bit of off piste through the trees... Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Took eldest sledging in Newbold Common Park this afternoon. After three runs he decided it was too cold so we adjourned to the pub for hot chocolate (and Old Hooky Toofy Grin). After warming up, he realised his ski gear was in the car, so went back out for a few runs skiing. Conditions were 6" of powder (slightly tracked out) over a grassy frozen base. After about half-a-dozen runs, he was getting a bit tired with the walking back up and realised why resorts provide lifts! But skiing came out as a big preference over sledging. Got back to find youngest was complaining about being left at home - no doubt this is tomorrow's task...
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, nice little slope!
snow report
wigan wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, nice little slope!

It was ok, nothing special but just got me out for a bit! The conditions were not great, only about 2 inches up in Oldham which was a bit of a shock really! As soon as i had gone down a few times i was scrubbing the snow off the surface s i left it for the other kids to enjoy!!! Im off out somewhere tomorrow, can you recommend anywhere with a bit of a steeper and longer slope?
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, try http://www.ski-rossendale.co.uk/ they have real snow at the moment apparently wink
I'm going up tomorrow.
ski holidays
Arrived back from Florida this morning .
Wrong Airport ..

Eventually home (in the UK) c. 10 hours late .

Only three more flights and I'll be home for Xmas Shocked ... or not
snow conditions
wigan wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, try http://www.ski-rossendale.co.uk/ they have real snow at the moment apparently wink
I'm going up tomorrow.

I have bad memories of that place, one of my mates snapped his wrist and the other dislocated his shoulder there. I would rather just go to some hill somewhere and ski fresh snow.
latest report
Snowing again here - coating on the A15 up to the Humber Bridge, c'mon, we've had our share here - don't want to be greedy and take someone else's too rolling eyes .
latest report
Butterfly, yepp, we have plenty in Hants too, lucky it stopped snowing,
actually, I had enough of it, all the colds and coughs in the house, continuous heating on Sad .... roll on May !

I have been thinking about booking a sneaky trip to Canary Islands, 5* all incl are very cheap just now, and the kids like the melted water more than the frozen Confused
I will just roll up here under a snug duvet and dream rolling eyes

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 18-12-10 23:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy