Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weeked "close" to Las Vegas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd give it a go.
I will be in Vegas on business coming from Europe through Chicago and Denver.
I thought I'd fly in early to Denver and go skiing somewhere. I'm planning on arriving in Denver
Feb 2nd in the afternoon. Full days of skiing fri-sun, departing monday morning.

I haven't book flights yet, so alternative airports and resorts are possible.
The only airports fixed are Vegas and Chicago.

I'm an experienced skier and I'm looking mainly for "off piste" skiing.
I've never skied in the US though.

Any advice anybody?
Which resort should I choose?
What about transportation to/from airport?
Accommodation etc?
Can I rent fat skis there or should I bring my Kuros from home?

Thanks so much in advance!

Best regards,
Jens
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skibumwannabe, well there's always the local hill... http://www.skilasvegas.com/winter/index.html about 45 minutes out of Vegas.

Within 4 hours there's skiing in Arizona and Utah (been to Brian Head near Cedar City - nice snow but small and a bit boring). Or you could go west to Mammoth.

From Chicago you could get anywhere and then onwards to LV. So, Salt Lake City is an option, especially with very short transfers to Alta/Snowbird etc (rent fat or nothing there), or, like you say, Denver and up i70 to a plethora (excellent word that) of resorts. All depends what floats your boat.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fly via SLC and there are more hills within an hour than you can shake a stick at and stay in a regular motel e.g. in Sandy and just ride the public bus up LCC or BCC.

Denver you're probably looking at Summit county - Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper or Winter Park or bit further to Vail. I'd probably rent a car there to maximise variety but you can ride local buses and stay some central like Frisco.

Via Reno and you have your pick of Tahoe resorts.

Fat ski rental is possible in all these places though beware that lots of rental shops don't seem to stock many of the longest lengths.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy