Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus, Fiss, Ladis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am having trouble finding accomodation in Serfaus for 5 nights from 30 Jan - 04 Feb. Although Serfaus would be my first choice (and have not given up hope of finding space) does anyone have opinions on the neighbouring resorts of Fiss and Ladis. The skiing is of primary importance and i know the whole area can be accessed from all 3 villages, but we do want a little bit of life after dark! I am not looking for a St Anton style nightlife but would like a few bars to choose from for that essential night-cap!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only stayed in Serfaus (twice) but I know others here have stayed in Fiss and have said it's good with some nice bars. Ladis is the quietest of the three.

Have a great time there - I love the area! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you actually been told that everywhere is full, or just that they don't have anything available for that period of time? I know it sounds like the same thing, but it's not. In a lot of cases, accommodation providers will say no to anyone who is not a full Saturday-Saturday week booking until close to the time, when the likelihood of filling any spare beds diminishes. Then they will start to accept some shorter bookings to fill any extra days.

On your side, is the fact that you are not asking for a time period that splits over two weeks (which they like even less!), so I suspect that if you try and spam them all again early in the new year you will get something. I would sincerely doubt that every bed is full for that week. If it were me (as in if this were an enquiry coming to me about our apartment), I would hang fire until after Christmas in the hope of getting a 7 day booking, and then accept anything I could after that point.

I assume you already have flights, in which case, I would hang fire for a few weeks, and then try again, maybe email the ones you like the look of and ask them if they have any cancellations for those dates, then you would still love to stay with them.

This obviously only applies if you don't have very specific requirements (as in you're not a large group, and don't need very specific services meaning only a few places are suitable).

D
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wib, wot Deliaskis, said wrt those dates. Highly unlikely that they are really all booked out for that time.
Of the other two resorts, Fiss would be my first choice cos it has better access to the main resort. Ladis is kind of out on the edge and it takes three lifts to get to the main resort. Ladis is also quiet in comparison to Fiss and Serfaus.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Cathy, i will have a serious look at Fiss as an alternative.
Deliaski, i am grateful for your sound advise. The only trouble is my compulsive nature means i have an overpowering need to get things done and dusted!! I completely understand hotel owners reservations over taking bookings for "short" weeks early in the season. Oh how i wish i could chill out knowing evrything will work out in the end. Anyone know any good therapists!! Confused Wib
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wib, The wonderful Shlosshotel in Fiss does short break packages...

http://www.schlosshotel-fiss.com/en/offer-prices/short-stay-package-winter.php
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wib, we stayed at the Komperdell in Serfaus http://www.haus-komperdell.at/index_en.html , which was just fine. They seem to have people coming and going all the time, not just for the full week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
wib, I know what you mean, I like to have it all sorted too! But it's really OK not to, we have done this on lots of occasions and never come a cropper yet.

Hold your nerve, you will be fine, there will definitely be somewhere for you!

D
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fiss is a hoot - plenty of decent places to eat and apres is killer at gondola base. We're going again this year in early March. It's Fasching, so wasn't easy to find somewhere, but did in teh end.

FYI, some blog reports and photoss from previous trip at:

http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2009/03/

and vid with plenty of serfuas-fiss footage at:

http://youtube.com/v/GBXGHcaLSVE

Enjoy - great place ...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gortonator, ah - I watched your video whilst on the bus coming into work this morning. snowHead I think people must have been wondering why I had such a big grin on my face Very Happy So you're off there again next year? Enjoy! Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I used this one last year. good sized rooms, great food, walking distance to main lift, reasonable prices

http://www.asters.at/

Nb. best to leave your skis and boots at the lift station, it's kinda the way they do it in Fiss. But it actually works well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cathy wrote:
gortonator, ah - I watched your video whilst on the bus coming into work this morning. snowHead I think people must have been wondering why I had such a big grin on my face Very Happy So you're off there again next year? Enjoy! Very Happy

yep - thought we'd give it another go as was a lot of fun. Week in Lech, week in Fiss, 2 weeks of mega-snow hopefully Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gortonator, Loved your video. We have seats booked on the 15th Dec to Innsbruck and our favourite destination is Lech, but I think I'm persuaded to try Serfaus now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
erica2004, Serfaus is a hoot, but you might find Lech has better early snow? Not an expert but Lech gets more snow than most places - why I love it Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy