Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meet and Greet Parking at Stansted

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone had any experience of the various "Meet and Greet" parking services available at Stansted?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I came across the problem of companies parking the cars on the street when I looked into 'Meet and greet' at Gatwick
The great airport parking con from
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=411881&in_page_id=2

and i also heard of cars being damaged by local residents that were getting pretty annoyed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnw, used it last week - new scrape (which polished out) on door and missing wheel cover (not noticed till they'd all beggared off as I was to busy looking at the scrape). However very prompt both at set down and arrival!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also have a look at Airport parking scam exposed
from http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2022025,00.html
An airport parking company that promised to keep customers' cars safe while they were on holiday has been caught driving them at speeds of up to 106 mph.

Researchers at the BBC's "Watchdog" programme left a Vauxhall Astra with the firm, but hid a tracker inside. They found that it was in a secure compound for only two of the five days. On the others it was left on a busy road, or in a supermarket car park. And it was driven at speeds fast enough to earn the driver an instant ban.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick L, that doesn't sound very encouraging Sad , can you remember which company it was? I've got quotes from: Easy Parking M & G, BSFC Meet and Greet and, Letuspark.com. Have previously used Ace Meet & Greet at Gatwick and they were great.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
used it several times and can vouch for it being a godsend, especially when arriving back late with the wife and 3 kids in tow. Simply step out of arrivals and the man is there with your car ready to drive away......
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Used it no probs at standsted when travelling with kid, if just adults I wouldn't bother.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnw, it was Easy Parking Meet and Greet (The wheel-cover was loose beforehand BTW - which is why I haven't pursued them)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnw, I have used a private company there which were fine but I can't remember their name! Last few trips I've used the official BAA service http://secure.baa.com/baa/baabook.asp?p=p&pr=stn&al=stn&src=WSTN01

They are competitively priced and have their own dedicated drop off bays outside departures. The main advantage is you don't have to phone them on arrival - just go to the office in short stay car park and your keys are waiting. Car is parked right at front of short stay, a stones throw from arrivals. The fact that it is run by the airport gives you the feeling that it's all above board and Kev isn't blasting round Essex in your car trying to pull birds!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The firm I have used several times now and again this coming Christmas is APH, never had the slightest problem, I can't however say whether or not they went out taxiing in it though while i was away because i am not organised enough to check my mileage.....

http://www.aph.com/?gclid=COT-saShyY8CFQqIMAoddx3ryQ
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone for the replies - I'll probably use the BAA service.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Used one at Gatwick. Booked via the airport website.
It was very good, no scrapes on car.
I ahd heard the horror stories beforehand so had noted the car's mileage before leaving the car with them.
All was fine when we came back...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnw, I do have a couple of recommendations. The first is www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk . The guy who runs it is called Chris (Lyons, I think), and I have probably used it them eight or nine times in the last few years and received excellent service every time. When we came back from the Pyrenees a couple of years ago with Mrs R on crutches, he even came into the terminal to carry some bags as we had two kids in tow. I've recommended him to a number of friends, and would have no fear in doing the same to you.

In March this year he was fully booked, so I booked Mrs R through Crown Parking. She thought they were fine, if not as good as Chris: car was parked a bit further away etc, but other than that perfectly serviceable.

And despite all the horror stories, I've never had a moment's trouble with any meet & greet service.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guys I would NOT use www.stanstedmeetandgreetparking.co.uk, I recently returned from holiday and found they had run up 67 miles in my car and left me with hardly any petrol to get home.
They are a very small outfit of cowboys and use your car to run about in when your on holiday.
They investigated and advised it should only have done 37 miles, they would not tell me where the 'secure' parking facility is located but it's not 37 miles from where I live in London to Stanstead so they had a great time at my expense.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does anyone have any more recommendations for meet and greet parking at Gatwick? I have recommended meet and greet parking through these guys but wanted to know if anyone else has any other companies which they have used. I just dont want to leave my car with a company like what was advertised on watch dog the other night and my car might end up be rented out or trashed Sad
latest report
BCP for me. Never any problems (touch wood) I always check the mileage and never seen anything of concern
snow report
Make your 'Meet and Greet' better by choosing the better option at http://www.cheapstanstedparking.co.uk .
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy