Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help - tignes / killy ski pass upgrades/limits ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,

just about to book a package deal with crystal ski to tignes and they are doing a 2 for 1 offer on passes, but only for 'local passes'

I assume this means I can get 2 tignes passes for 6 days for the price of 1.

Is it correct that I can get these pass upgraded to the whole espace killy ?

Also, if I have a 6 day pass, if i have a rest day in the middle, and don't use it at all one day, does the pass roll-on to the 7th day ? ie if I get a 6-day pass starting sunday, don't ski wednesday, will it work on the saturday ?

sorry about the stupid question, but I can't 100% remember if I can do these things in tignes.

if any one can answer asap -I can get things booked tomorrow !

thanks all !

G.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Gareth,

I work for Crystal and might be able to clear this up for you.

The 2 for 1 offer is for the local lift passes but once you enter the booking process on our website you'll have the chance to upgrade to the area pass. (You only need to add 1 lift pass & we add the other).

But the offer runs out tonight at midnight so you'll have to be quick if you want to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal. (If booking for January)

The only other thing to mention is that it will work out more expensive if you were to buy (for example) a 2 day lift pass and then a 3 day lift pass - accounting for your day off. But, you buy a 6 day pass for 6 days. You can't suspend your ski pass for a day away from the slopes.

I hope that helps & have a great holiday!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Paget wrote:
Hi Gareth,

I work for Crystal and might be able to clear this up for you.

The 2 for 1 offer is for the local lift passes but once you enter the booking process on our website you'll have the chance to upgrade to the area pass. (You only need to add 1 lift pass & we add the other).

But the offer runs out tonight at midnight so you'll have to be quick if you want to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal. (If booking for January)

I hope that helps & have a great holiday!

OK, so is the 'local' pass the tignes pass ? it doesn't seem it can be anything else !

and if this is so, then the tignes price list suggests that you can upgrade any tignes pass to a killy area pass.

help !

Gareth.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatgaz, the six-day pass is for six consecutive days. However, lots of resorts offer a pass for a number of non-consecutive days - this costs more per day than the normal pass, but less than buying three days plus two days (or whatever). If you want to look at this option you'll have to go to Tignes website and buy the pass in resort - won't be available through Crystal.

Jon Paget, Mr Cross has delegated snowHead-posting duties to you then? Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard wrote:
Jon Paget, Mr Cross has delegated snowHead-posting duties to you then? Laughing

I'm still here, Lizzard my old friend...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard wrote:
fatgaz, the six-day pass is for six consecutive days. However, lots of resorts offer a pass for a number of non-consecutive days - this costs more per day than the normal pass, but less than buying three days plus two days (or whatever). If you want to look at this option you'll have to go to Tignes website and buy the pass in resort - won't be available through Crystal.

I can see nothing in the tignes price list to suggest that they also sell a non-consecutive day pass ?

G.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@fatgaz Jon's just running out of the office and has asked me to tell you that he's checked on the lift pass situation.
The "Tignes Pass" is a local pass, whereas the Area pass would cover you for the whole of the Espace Killy area. Hope that clarifies things.

Also, better hurry up - only another 5 or so hrs till the offer runs out!

@Lizzard, so it seems Jon is delegating SHs to me all of a sudden. Shurely shome mishtake?

Cheers
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Simon Cross, clearly you are doing it wrong. You will lose several brownie points at your next PDR and be demoted to teaboy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatgaz, so I see. But most resorts do them, even though they don't appear on the website - eg there are two non-consecutive passes available in 2Alpes, neither of which is listed on the web. If you think it's a possible option, suggest you e-mail STGM. Don't worry about trying to do it in French - they'll find someone who can read it.

But the difference between Espace Killy and Tignes is only 20€, so if Crystal are doing BOGOF on the Tignes pass and will let you upgrade both the free and the paid for passes, that's got to be by far your best option in terms of price, even if you waste a rest day and pay for an extra day pass at the end. If you take your six-day pass to the ticket office the day after it expires and tell them you want an extra day there's a reduction on the day pass rate - ask for a 'prolongation' and they will load it onto your existing ticket.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 22-11-10 20:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jon Paget, I have already booked holiday with Crystal taking the 2 for 1 liftpass deal . Will it be possible to upgrade both passes to full area passes? Either on transfer coach or in resort .
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DrewGeddes, I'd be surprised if you can do that on the transfer coach - they'd need to take your existing pass back to the ticket office and get it re-issued, load of faff on a changeover day. But assuming the lift company has no reason to refuse upgrades on these particular passes (don't know what their deal is with Crystal), there's no practical reason why you shouldn't be able to take them to the ticket office and pay the supplement to change to an area pass.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard wrote:
Simon Cross, clearly you are doing it wrong. You will lose several brownie points at your next PDR and be demoted to teaboy.

To be honest "teaboy" is a much more accurate job description!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DrewGeddes wrote:
Jon Paget, I have already booked holiday with Crystal taking the 2 for 1 liftpass deal . Will it be possible to upgrade both passes to full area passes? Either on transfer coach or in resort .

Ooh look I can answer this one. Take a look at our Q&A page:
http://help.crystalski.co.uk/crystalski/topics/can_the_241_local_lift_passes_be_upgraded_in_resort_to_area_passes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatgaz, I had the 2 for 1 deal in Zermatt this year, I wanted the full pass covering Cervinia as well. I just paid the extra for the upgrade to the rep on the transfer bus, no problem at all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy