Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

General Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Me and a friend are looking to go to a ski season for 10 weeks, we have been looking for a place with lively Apres-ski and it seems like St Anton is the one. We are both 19 so budget is the way forward. We are looking to go in mid January and come back at the beginning of March, problem is we cant find and pricess for accomodation. Does anyone know any cheap accomodation around that area, also we are not set on St Anton so if anybody knows any other areas with good Apres-ski and know some prices we will be very grateful. I am sure people have done this before so would anyone know how much the trip would roughly cost including ski hire and lift passes. At the moment I have £3000 saved but by mid January I should have £4000.

Thanks

Bowden91
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bowden91, welcome to snowheads.

You might struggle in St Anton to find budget accommodation. You should be able to find what you are looking for in Chamonix.

Pass (you will need to buy V soon to get a 40% discount) £650
4 in a small flat £1000
There and back £200
Food 10 X £40 £400
Insurance £200
Beer £1550
--------
£4000

When you run out of money (you will) get a bit of work.

Links
http://www.chamserve.com
http://www.cham74.com/Category.asp?CategoryRef=14

Be quick!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bowden91, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Great idea if you have the dosh, but the period you mention (mid Jan to beginning of March) is more like 6 weeks than 10. Will keep the cost down. wink

If you went to chamonix you might find that two separate trips, before and after the 4 week French school hols (13 Feb for 4 weeks) would be cheaper. Extra cheap flights aren't a lot extra and you might get a better deal on accommodation, as those 4 weeks are the big earners for apartment owners.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello,,, so first I will say,, I had alot of winter in the alps,,, I´m 49 years old, and live for skiing,, I think this is the first time for you,,, You had work or school that make a limit for the time you can spend on skis,, 10 weeks,, the cheapest skipass will be to buy a seasonpass,,, and the cheap rooms or flat are already out,,, try to think about that to next season. St Anton is a nice place with very good skiing and exelent afterski,,, but... its expensive to have fun,,, so if there is Austria you want to go to,,, and realy love to ski,,, I can realy recomended to you to go to Gaschurn in Montafon valley,, Its not the cheapest resort in Austria,, but 10 weeks there will make a big different,,, the offpist skiing is top10 in Europe,, and its not so far to St Anton. I can say this beacause I have make season in 5 different resort,,, and skiing in more than 45 resorts all over Europe,,,,, I wish you a great winter on skis
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh shiit,,, I had sit down and counted the resort I have ski two days or more,,, it was 61,, and it will be one more for christmas,,,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
freeheelskier wrote:
Oh shiit,,, I had sit down and counted the resort I have ski two days or more,,, it was 61,, and it will be one more for christmas,,,

Perhaps a Knighthood is in order?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy