Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked a flight to Milan......

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.....for my daughter (12) and I- £50 each by Easyjet, and am looking for a inexpensive place to stay also.

Never been ski-ing in Italy before, and need some help with:

- resort suggestions - blue and red runs; nightlife not required, preferably a scenic spot
- accomodation suggestions (cheap please!)
- transfer options (have a feeling rental car may be best?)

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cervinia is blue and red run heaven. It's hardly a scenic spot though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a fairly easy hike to the 4V. Or Saas Fee or Zermatt.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wopple, Champoluc; very pretty, very Italian, very convenient. Try Hotel Castor. Eat at the Churen or the Sapin (one of the best restaurants in the world, IMV).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure why you think Cervinia is no scenic, yes it is not the most beautiful town but when you get onto the mountain it is stunning with the back drop of the Matterhorn. Although agree with Champoluc suggestion it is one of the most beautiful places to ski in Europe with a beautiful traditional town. From Milan you also have Passo Tonale. Italy doesn't quite have the set up like France for transfers so would suggest hire car. Another option could be to base yourself in Aosta city which has an interesting old centre buy a VDA pass and ski all the resort in the Aosta Valley, Cervinia, Pila, Courmayuer, La Thuile and Champoluc no resort is more than 1 hour from Aosta and each one is very different.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richiavo, Meant the town rather than the scenery, agree the Matterhorn view is great (although not as great as from the Swiss side Twisted Evil )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wopple, dates? That might make a difference to what people suggest.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for feedback so far, we are going February half term: Monday- Thursday - 3 nights.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wopple, I agree with the Champoluc recommendation. It will be not too crowded during half term either. Monterosa Ski, the area that Champoluc is a part of, is very scenic. Another place that would be perfect would be Courmayeur. It's a beautiful town with stunning views of Mont Blanc, with plenty of intermediate skiing for three days. Courmayeur has a bit more going on at night which can be fun, and it's not a wild party scene which sounds about right for you and your daughter.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've only done a couple of days in Cortina, and don't know those Italian resorts at all (though I'd love to go Champoluc - maybe someone with a place there would like to do a home swap for a place in the French alps). Are they better at providing for a few days accommodation than the French resorts, which are mainly extremely inflexible, even in low season weeks?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wopple, Champoluc will probably be quieter at 1/2 term than Courmayeur and is a slightly shorter transfer. We were very surprised at just how quiet Champoluc was at half term last year other than Saturday and Sunday which you will clearly miss.

I would expect that you would be easily able to find accommodation. I would argue from received wisdom that Monterosa is better than the other Aoste stations, other than Courmayeur.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Madonna de Campilgio(sp), fits everything you want.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy