Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liberty Hazmat Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just thought I’d post a quick review of the Liberty Hazmat’s seeing as there’s some killer deals going on Ebay at the mo! Firstly a few stats so you can see where I’m coming from,

Age and experience...32, been skiing for last 8 seasons in France, USA, Austria and Switzerland.

Height and weight...5’11’’ and 80kg.

About the ski...186 cm height, 126-94-119 dims, mounted 4cm back from core centre (thats about 2cm back from Liberty’s “cab foward” stance and 4cm foward of the standard freeride line). It’s the 07/08 model , poplar/bamboo core, full twin tip. I bought the ski to fill a bit of a gap in my quiver for an all-mountain ski, for me that means an emphasis on park and piste jibbing, crud busting, mogul’s and changeable conditions.

Similar previously owned and liked skis...Whitedot Preacher, Redeemer and One’s, Movement Gladiator and Kamasutra, Icelantic Nomad and Pilgim, Line Sir F.B, Dynastar Big Trouble, Black Crows Navis, Zag Slap MW.

Disliked skis...Salomon Suspect, Scott Punisher, Amplid Infrablack, Line Mothership.

Well, conditions here in the Zillertal have been pretty dire early season I must say! Snow is definitely scarce at the moment with off piste conditions firm with a slight crust on top, the snow level is also below average with mud and rocks showing through the trees. However, all the runs are open with artificial snow but are scraped boilerplate but the park is in great condition with well shaped rails, pipe and kickers...so as you can imagine I’ve only spent a couple of days on the Liberty’s skiing firm and bumpy off piste and jibbing around the boilerplate!!

Overall they’ve got a nicely damped and responsive feel to them with better than average edge grip (for a twin) on anything apart from blue ice boilerplate. I’d say they were a mid range stiffness that are pretty nimble for their size and would make most freeriders a decent one-ski-quiver in Euro conditions. They do everything ok without being outstanding in any particular area, being dependable rather than exciting. They’ll do a good job in the park and pipe with a mid stiff flex that’ll allow you to pick up some speed over bigger kickers but won’t be too stiff for hitting rails, the shape is nicely balanced for switch riding with a nice sized twin tip and they don’t feel like a 186 cm long ski.

For skiing anything other than the deepest pow in resort they do a good job, the mid flex being stiff enough to be responsive but not so stiff to be prohibitive in powder, they’re wide enough to ride and land switch in pow and feel light spinning. When the snow gets a bit heavier you’re left wanting something a bit wider but hey you can’t have everything! As for the build quality, its good enough that most wouldn’t notice and has held up really well to a season’s worth of abuse, I’ve been noticing the slow base compared to the top-spec on the Whitedot’s and the topsheet can scratch (but really not too bad considering the shiny graphics) easily.

Definately a ski that will make most people happy most of the time, a go-to ski if you’re not sure whats going on up the hill and what the day may bring. Sick graphics that look way better in the flesh than on screen and a ride you can depend on.

PS edited for a late "OMG I forgot I wrote this" finding on my PC!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the review. Cant wait to ski these. Season starts in 2 weeks. Let the good hazmat times roll....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would agree with everything in this review
I love my hazmats for all conditions
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could someone measure the contact length for the 186cm version if possible?

Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy