Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

neilson rip off

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
was thinking of booking a late season trip to solden for april 2011 and for a change i said i'd try neilsons as we always do DIY trips.
now I know why I gave up using tour companies years ago. late in the booking process it gives the total price which included lift passes without me ticking the "incl lift pass" button. price for 2 passes =418 sterling. checked the solden site online and it quotes 404 EUR for 2 passes. to make this worse on the lift pass info option on neilsons web page it says "Lift passPre-book your lift pass safe in the knowledge that you will pay no more than you will if you wait and purchase in resort" is that a blatant lie or am i being a bit picky about a few quid
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
creedgearoid, it seems odd - maybe Neilson have only 1 price for all season but buying direct woudl have reduced rates at the end of the season?

edit: you can "uncheck" the lift pass option if you scroll down, so if the rest of the deal suits you then by the lift passes in resort. but Neilson's prioce should not be dearer than resport prices if that's what they are advertising
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes the price for normal season is 225 but even this converts to 193 sterling not 209. add to this the price for late season is 202 eur = 173 sterling which were the dates i put in.
nice profit eh!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
unchecking the box is a bit like the ryanair booking where you have to uncheck all the boxes which is attemted rip off in my book
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there's probably some small print about the exchange rate used in pricings. It has changed fairly dramatically recently, after all; they have to make some kind of assumption before being able to quote you prices in sterling. If the pound had weakened against the euro their price might have seemed a bargain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w is spot on. TO lift pass prices are set very early on and exchange rate fluctuations can make them seem to be good or bad value depending on which way they go. 4 times out of 5 I've done well out of it, but there will be occasions when that's not the case. It's certainly not a rip off. And you definitely don't have to book your lift pass through the TO if you don't wish to, but I do find it convenient to get the lift pass on the transfer bus rather than buying in resort.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
exchange rate has only moved +/-6eurocents from the average in the last year or so. wouldn't call that a massive fluctuation, although it was more volatile than the period when it used to be around 1.50 to the £1. depends on when they fix their rates I spose.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess the T.O.s hedge their currencies and lock in to rate. So it pays to do your homework or make your own decision whether to take their offer. The T.O.s sometime have access to preferential pass rates particular in the US & Canada. I don't know if they are making a margin on the lift passes or offering a service. Having to opt rather than opt in for extras is despicable. Carbon offsetting is selected by default - who thinks your money will be well directed ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking back over the last few years, the lowest £ to Euro (midpoint) conversion was £1 = Euro 1.06030 in March 2009.
Been higher before and after then.
So at the worst rate, 202 Euro gives £190.51.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Looking back over the last few years, the lowest £ to Euro (midpoint) conversion was £1 = Euro 1.06030 in March 2009.

Look harder! Try Christmas 2008 for starters...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went with them in jan 2008 and we bought ski passes with them after checking resort prices and neilson were cheaper, and we used quidco so saved even more!

I believe they bulk by them at a preset price but then I think that ties them into a set euro to pound rate so it can go up or down...

I don't work for them btw!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy