Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X3 - Grinding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, maybe a bit of a long shot but need some advice. I want to get a little more room on the sides of my toes by grinding out my boots slightly. The boots are Salomon X3's the 140 version. However I took them to my local shop in Mayrhofen and he said it wasn't possible as they are, and I quote "not the real ones".

My boots have a plastic block above the toes, not the smooth curvy bit like the normal ones. The farmer in the shop said this means he couldn't do it. Should i give up or is there a trick to it, maybe if i explain what he needs to do he can do it.

This is the only picture i have been able to find of them... yup ridiculous url

http://www.schuhbert.com/de/produkte/skischuhe/skischuhe/salomon-falcon-x3-lab/

Cheers all
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dulcamara, try PM'ing the Smallzookeeper, he just fitted me for a pair. If Carlsberg fitted boots, he'd work for them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
do you have a foot bed? if not a custom footbed will shorten your foot by shaping the arch (its more tech than that) but give it a go
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup theres a foot bed in there but i have size 9.5 feet the boots are 7.5's, theres not much shortening space there. Has nobody seen these boots, the block above the toes looks a little like the Atomic ones.

Cheers admin person. URL doesnt look so ridiculous anymore.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dulcamara, not sure if you got the mail,

the only assumption i can make is he was thinking of the old water dam used on the X2 boots (the predecsssor to this one) or the farmer is unsure of salomons boot range
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy