Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interski - anyone worked for them?

Poster: A snowHead
My daughter and boyfriend are just about to start working for Interski as Coordinator and Technician in Italy. They don't know where they are going yet but were wondering what to expect. Anyone got any advice? Anything particular they should take? They'll be working over Christmas
I'm hoping to go out in Feb some time.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.natives.co.uk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pandora205, I've worked as an Instructor for Interski, they're the best organised in the business by far.
What sort of Coordinator is is, there's Resort, snow school. resource and equipment. They're all pretty full on 24/7 jobs, don't expect much in the way of free time.
Technician I'd say was an easier job, with mad weekends non-stop and easier weekdays.

I'll be in Pila in March for a couple of weeks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Lizzard - I think that's the site where they found the jobs.

Spyderman, my daughter's job is resort coordinator though at a basic level. They're expecting to be based at Aosta as the ski servicing is based there and they're a couple but they don't know yet. She's done BASI 1 traing in the past and worked in trail safety in New Zealand, so may take the BASI II while she's there (if she can afford it or we parents are generous!)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As a long-time Interski client, the atmosphere amongst the staff is always great, both at Aosta and Courmayeur. They are a very tight unit, and they literally bend over backwards for the clients. A lot of the clients and staff return year after year, so there really is a 'family' atmosphere.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pandora205, I haven't, but a friend's son did. He found them a good outfit to work for - he worked extremely hard (several times 24 hours solid, making DVDs) and found it very satisfying to make sure a lot of kids enjoyed their holiday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks chrisdavis and pam w. Interski sound like a good company to work for - and I know these two will work hard. Any tips on things to take with them etc would be gratefully received.

If anyone has stayed in Aosta as an Interski client, can you comment on hotels please? We're goiing to visit and I can't decide.

Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
6 of us went to Courmayeur in March with Interski. Very impressed with the company and staff. Very organised, friendly and flexible. Also very tolerant. 2 people in the group got leathered on the last night and had to be "helped" to pack for the transfer in the morning by the transfer rep - without any fuss. Being the organiser for the trip and an ex-rep I was mortified. Warn your daughter that dealing with the general public can be a nightmare.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pandora205, If I recall the Europe is probably the best in Aosta. Walking distance to the ski-hire and lift, and close to the old town.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think working as a rep will be an eye opener for my daughter but luckily she's a very cheerful person and has had other customer service experience (including Abbey call centre - so used to a challenge or two!) As she'll be working with school groups I think it'll be the teachers that could be the challenge though.

Thanks for the feedback about the Europe david... It's certainly a contender, if I can afford it. As I have two teenagers who may or may not be coming too, it could be pricey and we may need to brave the coach option.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pandora205, it is the more expensive one. There is a good B&B style place up by the hospital but it's not one used by Interski. Hotel Mignon, click here for Google Maps location.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pandora205 wrote:
Thanks chrisdavis and pam w. Interski sound like a good company to work for - and I know these two will work hard. Any tips on things to take with them etc would be gratefully received.

If anyone has stayed in Aosta as an Interski client, can you comment on hotels please? We're goiing to visit and I can't decide.

Thanks

Walking distance of the Gondola are The Turin and The Europe. The Europe is the better hotel, dearer, more *'s, better food..... The Holiday Inn is just that bit further than you'd like to walk after a day on the hill wink

I love Aosta Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hotel europe, then the turin and if you are stuck the holiday inn is perfectly nice but a bit out the way, the europe/turin are about 10 mins walk to the gondola holiday inn is a good 20-25
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks everyone - It looks like the Europe is the way to go!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pandora205 wrote:
Thanks everyone - It looks like the Europe is the way to go!

It is a very nice town/city centre hotel, but it isn't a 'skiers' hotel as such. The only problem I had was their lack of a heated kit room - the rooms have hot air vents rather than radiators, so there's nowhere to dry wet gloves etc if you need to. The guys in ski hire will be able to put gloves somewhere overnight to dry for you Cool.
snow report
chrisdavis, Thanks - this is useful info. My daughter and boyfriend are defintely going to Aosta so I'll book pretty soon.
ski holidays
Well just about to book for 3 of us and looks like it is the HOtel Europe. Does anyone know if it still has a gym (as my son is into his bodybuilding) please?

Any other Aosta tips welcome too.

Thanks
snow report
pandora205, Ice cream shop near the main square is fab. Very Happy
ski holidays
Lovely cakes/paninis in Cafe Bosch, in corner of main piazza Cool
snow report
Quote:

they literally bend over backwards for the clients

Shocked Really?!?

Now that would be interesting to watch!!
snow report
We stay up in Pila and the Interski guys/girls did look a happy crew when they had a night out up in Pila !

The Chinese in Aosta is brilliant trouble is I can't remember what it was called - sorry It is on the road from the station to the town hall and has planter boxes with small trees outside. Pathetic I know but it is not far from the Europe so you should find it.
latest report
From a punters point of view both my daughters have been on school ski trips with Interski and were very happy.
Their school is also very pleased and now use Interski every year.
ski holidays
After seeing a few Interski folk about this week it looks like some of the groups are far too big IMO.
ski holidays
scotia, maximum of 10 when I've worked for them.
snow report
rob@rar, I saw a group of 10 and it sure looked slow moving.
snow report
Maximum of 10 by Italian law
snow conditions
Thanks for the tips guys. The ice cream parlour has been recommended by my daughter too.

We have booked Hotel Europe and can't wait to go out there. My daughter and boyfriend love it but it is very hard work... very full on 7 days per week. It sounds like the company is well organised and it all runs very smoothly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy