Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
We had a fantastic day today - we got up for first lifts from les Menuires in la Croisette to Mont de la Chambre and Val Thorens - we went to Orelle again - very windy at the top but much better as we headed down - the run down was beautiful - fab snow and beautiful views - went up to Pointe du Buchet and back down again on sheet ice - the worst run ever - cause the wind had blown all snow off the surface - but we made it without falling over!!! We did get to see the young guys doing competition skiing down the other run - brilliant skiers - but still can't believe how their edges managed to bite into that ice!

Sun was out all day which was lovely - up and down the runs and other than the icy piste, all the runs today were lovely - had coffee at the bottom of Rosael and then headed back to VT about 12.45 - arrived at the Trattoria in les Menuires for pizza at 1.30 / 1.45 (my girls can't agree on the actual timing here) - snow was fab on the pistes all day and we are agreed that today was one of our best days of the season. Looking forward to tomorrow.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wednesday, 6-4-2011

A beautifull day, but too hot

The pictures of this Wednesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626318882805/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thursday 7th April
Yesterday and today were great days - albeit short on skiing - we start at 9am and finish about 2pm. We skied around Val Thorens both days - we did Col, Peclet & Caron - great views and great runs - in the sun which we loved - finishing up in la Ferme, Reberty for lunch both days (French onion soup is lovely).

We are ditching the layers as each day gets warmer and are getting through loads of suncream - though we are still getting burnt just from sitting out at lunch time without jackets and helmets - it's really the best of both worlds - skiing in the mornings and sun bathing in the afternoons - better than I expected it would be. The mountains are so beautiful with and without their snow.

We took a drive to St Martin de Belleville this afternoon and though the last bit of the run into the town (along the button lift) looks a bit sad, it still is skiable though there's really not many people about in the afternoon. The run under the gondola (which we looked at from the road) looks robust enough so hope that Noisey can get in and out ok next week. I'd recommend loads of suncream and a few pairs of shorts and t shirts for the afternoons if you choose not to ski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How are the Courchevels holding up?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thursday, 7-4-2011

The pictures of this Thursday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626450237186/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We have friends driving to La Praz (1300) today. Confused About an hour 40mins drive to VT, correct? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
123_456, oh dear - I can see why you didn't bother to comment. wink Are you still going to be around for the EoSB?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That photograph makes me feel forlorn.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski wrote:
We have friends driving to La Praz (1300) today. Confused About an hour 40mins drive to VT, correct? Puzzled

1 hour for a normal ride.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:
123_456, oh dear - I can see why you didn't bother to comment. wink Are you still going to be around for the EoSB?

This picture is at 1600 m just 10 km from Annency, Crête de Châtillon, a possible place for the Winter Olympics of 2018
At the right you can see the Mount Blanc
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

That photograph makes me feel forlorn

Oh, I don't know, it makes me feel I want to be there. Just not for a skiing holiday.

I had a lovely week last week in the 3V with just about every possible skiing conditions you can imagine, 15cms of powder on suisse one morning all the way to water skiing (in quite a few places towards the end). But it's quite hard to imagine the amazing change I see in the pictures that there has been in just seven days! I looked at the ADH webcams yesterday - that was a REAL shock, There's nothing there! I've been there late April with loads of snow. As I have in the 3V also with loads of snow - full winter conditions, skiied down into Meribel on the last afternoon of the season behind the guy bringing in the markers, 3V 100% open.... Not this year methinks... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Staying in Reberty and headed straight for VT. Lovely when we got there with red run Christine a particular favourite. Very warm, jacket off on chair lifts and finished up at 2.30pm as legs sore from skiing through thick soupy snow after lunch. Some pistes closed on return to Reberty, namely part of 4 Verts so had to negotiate a very grassy/thin layer to get back. But we could see we can choose Doron to get home tomorrow with no difficulty.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Friday, 8-4-2011

From a distance it looks like there is a lot of white stuff in Val Thorens.

The pictures of this Friday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626455981388/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saturday, 9-4-2011

After a three day trip to Annency, Grenoble and Chambery I am back again in LM.
All days of this week were very sunny and with high temperatures.
A big change between last Tuesday and today Saturday. Several pistes are closed now, but all main pistes are open.
At the top of the Peclet, in the shadow, it was +12 degrees. At 2000 m 20 degrees and in Moutiers nearly 30 degrees.
These are the temperatures for a summerday in augustus.
It is hard to believe that these temperatures will stay so high for long. So a change of weather will come. Before the end of the season and with some snow.
Spring holidays in Belgium and England will give some extra tourists during the coming week.

The pictures of this Saturday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626336868885/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:

If there is enough snow for skiing, we will stay here untill EoS of VT
snow report
123_456 wrote:
Saturday, 9-4-2011

After a three day trip to Annency, Grenoble and Chambery I am back again in LM.
All days of this week were very sunny and with high temperatures.
A big change between last Tuesday and today Saturday. Several pistes are closed now, but all main pistes are open.
At the top of the Peclet, in the shadow, it was +12 degrees. At 2000 m 20 degrees and in Moutiers nearly 30 degrees.
These are the temperatures for a summerday in augustus.
It is hard to believe that these temperatures will stay so high for long. So a change of weather will come. Before the end of the season and with some snow.
Spring holidays in Belgium and England will give some extra tourists during the coming week.

The pictures of this Saturday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626336868885/

Gud pix.

Astonishing temperatures right across Europe the past coupla weeks.
ski holidays
Sunday, 10-4-2011

The summer in the mountains continues with blue sky and incredible high temperatures.
Heavy skiing in the slush. Some high hardly used pistes are remarkable good.
All bad spots on the pistes are marked by yellow/black poles. The Sevabel must have a lot of this poles during tis period.

The pictures of this Sunday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626467855680/
snow conditions
Monday, 11-4-2011

Again a summerday!
It seems that the melting of the snow goes faster every day.
Tomorrow the weather will change and a little bit of snow will be left for resting 12 days of this remarkable season.

The pictures of this Monday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626352537973/
snow report
Amazing to see the season documented and the snow come and then go on this thread Very Happy
snow report
Tuesday, 12-4-2011

A very big difference with yesterday. No sunshine, but sometimes rain, fog and much colder.
Yesterday the temperature rose to 20 degree, today it came not further then 6 degrees.
For a short while at the beginning of the evening light snowfall.

The pictures of this Tuesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626483761934/
ski holidays
Wednesday, 13-4-2011

A beautifull sunny day, but no skiing in t-shirt, it was much colder.
Last night it was several degrees below zero and the some of snowcanons were operational.
On other places the rest of the snow outside the pistes has been moved to the pistes.
It is called "snow harvesting".
On several relative good pistes is very crowded, because everybody is seeking for the best snow.
There is a free shutlle bus between Meribel and Mottaret for skiers as compensation for closed pistes.
Méribel Tourist Office announced that Méribel’s lifts will be closing on Friday 22 April and Mottaret’s lifts will close on Monday 25 April.
This is only four days earlier than expected.
The liaison between Les Menuires and Val Thorens is not longer possible via the blue piste Pluviometere.
The way to go now is via the black piste Goitschel or the red piste Chardon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626366331955/
ski holidays
Wednesday was a fab day.. Definately, we skied up until 3:45 down to Les Menuires, as St Martin is closed.
Whilst it is busy, we have met several people from Courchevel that have been bussed over, we have still found places relatively free from congestion.
Some had brilliant skiing. We went up Mont Valon and down combe de vallon but had a 200m walk to the chair at the bottom, to get back up - as motteret is unskiable from there now.
Mont Vallon was closed on Thursday but open later in the day.
On Wednesday the cold wind kept conditions good but the run down back into Les Menuires was difficult for the kids in deep slush.
The black run Goitschel gets cut up early on due to the volume of people getting down into VT.
Thursday had cloud cover on higher peaks, flat light and we had several fallers in our group, one quite nasty but he is okay.
It wasn't easy going but we had light snow on the Menuires / VT side with heavier snow on the top of motteret possibly 2 to 3 cm and some of the standing water was getting a skin of snow forming over it even with the warmer temperatures compared to Wednesday.
Hopefully this will give us better conditions for Friday but cloud is forecast again.

Noisey
snow conditions
Thursday, 14-4-2011

Very grey and flat light. Totally clouded sky with some minor snowfall.
Temperature around freezing point at 2000 meter.
Some fresh snow, a few centimeters, in Val Thorens.
The TC Bruyeres did the ride to the top this afternoon in just less then a hour, due to technical difficulties.
On most critical spots the snowcanons try to cover the brown pistes with artificial snow.

The pictures of this Thursday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626374389859/
ski holidays
123_456, love that picture Laughing
snow report
Friday, 15-4-2011

A morning with sunshine and a afternoon with clouds and light snowfall.
Good skiing in Val Thorens on some fresh snow on the higher pistes.
The temperature at night dropped below zero: -4 at 2000 m and -8 at 3000 m.

Pictures of this Friday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626378925611/
snow conditions
Saturday, 16-4-2011

Sunshine and clouds. Temperature 5 degrees above zero at 3000 meter and moderate winds.
Incredible good piste Grand Lac : icy underground with a topping of 2 cm fondant.
It was not so busy as during the days of last week. Well prepared pistes and after 11 o'clock fairly good skiing conditions on all higher piste.

Pictures of this Saturday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626510853468/
snow conditions
Sunday, 17-4-2011

The last week of the season in LM has been started.
Several restaurants and residences are already closed.
The pistes are quiet and you can hear the screaming of the marmottes again.
Snowconditons of the pistes are roughly unchanged after a night with some frost.
The weather with a jolly combination of a blue sky with bog white clouds.

The pictures of this Sunday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626392230733/
snow report
^ Good pix.

They document well just how bad conditions have gotten.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monday, 18-4-2011

A beautifull day just like yesterday.
It is very crowded in Val Thorens during this Eastern Week.
At the end of the day all lower pistes are in worn out.
Every night it seems still possible to restore these pistes with lots of harvested snow.

The pictures of this Monday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626525571476/
snow report
Looking very springlike! I like the one with all the flowers (crocuses/er, croci...!?)
ski holidays
Spring in Val Thorens

http://youtube.com/v/Icb1nOcm42Q
ski holidays
123_456, wow, is that what it looks like next to Plein Sud (will find out for myself on Saturday)
latest report
Tuesday, 19-4-2011

More clouds and less intense sunshine but still nice weather.
The piste Campagnol, the left run down Mont Vallon in Mottaret, was in a relative good shape. Soft snow, allmost empty and only some minor bad spots.
The right run down Mont Vallon, Combe de Vallon, was closed at 14.00 hour. Before that time you have to walk the last 400 meters to the TS Mures Rouges.
It is remarkable that pistes without snowcanons like Venturon, Lac de Chambre, Campagnol and Combe de Vallon still have a good layer of snow.
The skiing in Les Menuires is limited. La Masse is closed and today also the Sunny Express was stopped. From Reberty you can reach the TSD Mont de la Chambre by the Telebenne Reberty (down), go up with the Telebenne Croisette, cross the road and walk to TSD Menuires.

The pictures of this Tuesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626407543835/
snow report
Wednesday, 20-4-2011

Again a beautiful day with much sunshine and moderate winds.
The condition of the pistes changes day by day in a direction that not favourable for the upcoming Dutch week.
The forecast for some snow above 2300/2500 during the weekend will only give some relieve for the higher pistes.

Tomorrow I will post for the last time of the season this report and some pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626415246563/
snow conditions
123_456 wrote:

Tomorrow I will post for the last time of the season this report and some pictures.

Thank you so much for your beautiful photos throughout the season - I've really enjoyed looking at them snowHead Hope you've had a good time despite the less-than-ideal conditions, & so glad you've been able to ski after your injury last year...

Safe journey home, have a lovely summer & I look forward to your reports & photos next season Very Happy
snow report
123_456, thanks for your numerous photos and info all season

We leave after work tomorrow to spend Easter weekend in Reberty, it looks as though there's still some skiing to be had, luckily I dont need much to keep my 3 year old daughter happy! Very Happy
ski holidays
have to echo the above, great pictures that never need words to convey the conditions. Looking at the last set, really looks like its time to swap skis for walking boots Cool

Not long til next season snowHead
snow conditions
123_456, you are a star, thank you for all the pictures.
snow conditions
123_456, thank you so much! Have a good summer. Smile
ski holidays
Once again essential viewing for the winter - thanks again and look forward to seeing today's pics - have a great summer
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy