Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
dave_m,
Good find, I didn't realise there was a web cam there.
Just thought would check though I don't think this is in La Tania town as such, but a reasonable bit higher.
I'm almost sure this is at the top of the main gondola out of La Tania, therefore is at 1867M
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ArseCaptain wrote:
Heading out to Les Menuires tonight, really hope the temps drop a bit so that we don't have 3 days of rain lower down.. but otherwise it looks good for the VT area!

We`ll be there tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Llew wrote:
dave_m,
Good find, I didn't realise there was a web cam there.
Just thought would check though I don't think this is in La Tania town as such, but a reasonable bit higher.
I'm almost sure this is at the top of the main gondola out of La Tania, therefore is at 1867M

Yes, that's the Bouc Blanch restaurant, 2 weeks ago the runs down to here were superb and even the blue and green runs to La Tania were OK
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Friday, 25-3-2011

A wonderfull day that started with sunshine, later big cumulus clouds and ended with snowfall between 16.00 and 18.00.
During two hours at + 4 degrees big snowflakes came down.
The black run Lac Noir on La Masse, well prepared last night, had fabulous snow and skied like a red one.

The pictures of this Friday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626349262070/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saturday, 26-3-2011

This day started with sunshine and a blue sky, just as all days of this last week.
But very soon large clouds covered the sky for 50% or more. It was colder then the days before and sometimes in the afternoon the sun disappeared behind the big clouds.
If you looked carefully you could see a little (2 cm) fresh snow on the higher pistes.
The upper part of red piste Campagnol (Mont Vallon) had very good dry snow.
At the south-west side slope of the Mont Vallon in the enviroment of Lac du Borgne the men of the piste security were still digging in the snow for a Russian skier.
This skier is missing since a big avalanche came down on Friday the 18 th.

The pictures of this Saturday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626357423824/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunday, 27-3-2011

A grey day with mist and snowfall. Poor visibilty belongs to this type of weather.
The piste are far from perfect, although the thin layer of fresh snow will give some improvement.

The pictures of this Sunday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626364326580/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A bit of snow has settled at resort level, hopefully with more higher up. Going to take my holiday photos whilst the brown patches are covered Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sunday was not my greatest day skiing, although we found some great snow on Suisse.

Today we spent the morning in Masse 2, and got some great sunshine and snow. Another highlight was Lac de Chambre.

The rest of the day was a struggle with low cloud.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Monday, 28-3-2011

The last 24 hours brought us 5 cm fresh snow. At higher altitude this snow remains on the old snow, but at 2000 meter the snow disappeard very quickly.
The day started with some sunshine. The rest of the day there was light snowfall, sometimes hail and very fogy.
In Val Thorens the upperparts of the pistes have dry snow. Below 2600 meter the snow becomes soft and wet on an icy underground.
Mostly this conditions only occur during end of April or the begin of May.

The pictures of this Monday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626248488873/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
More fresh snow this morning, and a lovely sunny day until about 1pm.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tuesday, 29-3-2011

After 2 bad days this morning started with a blue sky.
About midday all lot of clouds appeared. Some light snowfall at higher altitudes and bad visibility made the second part of this day less pleasant.
Last 24 hours 3 cm fresh snow.

The pictures of this Tuesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626255530427/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantasic day today. VT must have had between 10 and 30 cm depending on how high you went.

Brilliant!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wednesday, 30-3-2011

Snowfall last night was 10 cm. Good skiing conditions at higher slopes on the pistes and off-piste.
Clouds, fog, light snowfall and hail in the morning and early afternoon. Some sunny spells in the afternoon.

The pictures of this Wednesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626393902982/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thursday, 31-3-2011

The first two hours of morning started with sunshine. The rest of the day fog, snowfall and below 2000 meter rain.
Fresh snow for the third day in a row. Good skiing between 2400 and 3000 meter.

The pictures of this Thursday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626275331139/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
123_456,
Your photos continue to be unbelievable, so crisp and clear they're fab. What camera are you using? I'm looking for a new one and fancy what you've got. Very Happy
We met you briefly at the Plein Sud for an apres beerio 2 years ago at the E0SB and I think you were using a Panasonic DMC TZ3. Are you now using a newer model or something else? Would be great to see you for a beer this year too snowHead
snow report
123_456, Nightcap is right, your photos have been great, I am really looking forward to our return trip in a weeks time and your photos have really helped.
Thanks - I hope you are you staying on for another week so as to get more up to date info....

Noisey
ski holidays
If you click on the flickr page, select a photo and you'll see a description of location and camera used...

"This photo was taken 21 hours ago in Val-Thorens, Rhone-Alpes, FR, using a Panasonic DMC-TZ7."
snow conditions
This thread has been really good - thanks to you all for the snow updates, especially 123_456 for the amazing photos.
We are heading out to Reberty tomorrow and I've been keeping up to date with all your snow reports this week.
Very much looking forward to it now.
snow conditions
3VSki, Can you keep us updated with reports as we are due to leave to St martin on Friday 9th for a week.?? and the contribution by 123_456 has been a great help - getting excited now....Puzzled
Thanks....
Noisey NehNeh
snow conditions
Friday, 1-4-2011

Blue sky during the whole day. The sunshine was a little bit tempered by very thin high clouds.
Early in the morning all piste were frozen. The sound of scrathing the ice corduroy was very loud. Skiing on this pistes goes very fast but is hardly controlable
Very soon the high temperature caused the softening of the pistes. In the afternoon the temperature at 3000 m was +6 degrees.
Skiing home between 4 and 5 o'clock through the soft and wet snow was not easy.

The pictures of this Friday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626282268699/
snow report
Nightcap wrote:
123_456,
Your photos continue to be unbelievable, so crisp and clear they're fab. What camera are you using? I'm looking for a new one and fancy what you've got. Very Happy
We met you briefly at the Plein Sud for an apres beerio 2 years ago at the E0SB and I think you were using a Panasonic DMC TZ3. Are you now using a newer model or something else? Would be great to see you for a beer this year too snowHead

It is not the camera that makes sense, although a Panasonic TZ7 is a very good one.
The best skis does not make you a good skier, or an expensive tennisracket makes you an Andy Murray or Tim Henman.
ski holidays
Saturday, 2-4-2011

Beautifull hot day with nobody on the pistes.
Skiing down to St Martin de Belleville at 1400 m is still possible. Perfectly prepared piste Biollay with softw spring snow and hardly no brown spots or rocks
On several places avalanches were initated to bring more snow to the pistes.

The marmotte alert of yesterday (April 1th) for the piste Truite in Meribel was withdrawn.
So today no more danger from hungry marmottes. Hundreds of marmottes could attacked humans, because of the early end of their hibernation period provoked by the high temepratures of the last days.

The pictures of this Saturday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626413441282/
snow report
123_456,
Quote:

So today no more danger from hungry marmottes.

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Hurtle, +1 Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sunday, 3-4-2011

It is hot in the mountains, just like everywhere in Western Europe.
Their was a big difference in the piste conditions between today and yesterday.
The decay of the snowlayer goes very fast now and a lot places on the lower pistes have no snow anymore.
Most of the day the sky was covered with high clouds. Only in the morning sunshine and sometimes in the afternoon.
Temperature at 2000 meter was 15 degrees.
It is only 3 weeks before the season will end in Les Menuires.

The pictures of this Sunday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626419311672/
latest report
Monday 4th April
We had a fab morning yesterday skiing - got out first thing and went up to Val Thorens and over to Orrell- the pistes were very good in the morning. By lunch time the VT slopes were a bit more slushy and a bit harder work, though still skiable. About 2.30pm we headed down Lac de la Chambre - not good - bottomed out at Plans DES Mains and we had to take our skis off and walk the last 100yds to have late lunch (yucky & expensive) at Plans DES Mains.

After that (3pm ish) we decided to make our way back down to Reberty, skiing became like hard work through the mush - I thought we were water skiing on one of the runs back down and it was hard to avoid the gravel! From the top of Cote Brun to Reberty was a slush fest! We won't be doing that one again especially when I have my own skis! However, the sun stayed out all day which was lovely.

Today we woke with plans to get first lifts up and finish at 1-2pm ish. However, it has been really really foggy with light drizzle all day. We drove to VT to see if it was any better but it got worse on the way up - could see nothing and the fog made us all feel sick so we came back to the hotel and lay about. Fog hasn't lifted all day here really and the eyeball update aspect of the snow forecast website has people saying its the same in lots of other resorts. However, they also say that there's been snow up high so hope that bodes well for tomorrow.

I'd like to know if 123_456 was braver than us today and made it up and out there.
latest report
Monday, 4-4-2011

More then 10 degrees less warm then yesterday. It rained during nearly the whole day.
Only light rainfall and sometimes very dense fog.
During a short interval, between 4 and 5, some short sunny spells.

The pictures of this Monday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626427761510/
snow report
123_456, that picture posted yesterday of the couple sitting at a table if quite fantastic!! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
3VSki wrote:

I'd like to know if 123_456 was braver than us today and made it up and out there.

no, it was not worthwhile to go out
snow report
This is proof of what utter miracles the pisteurs are capable of:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/5588875855/in/set-72157626427761510

Is that Menuires, looking down towards... where? St Martin?
latest report
Quote:

what utter miracles the pisteurs are capable of

especially as (I imagine) they've not been able to make snow for ages and ages
ski holidays
They must be bulldozing literally thousands of tonnes of snow from up high, every night, just to keep those pistes combed over like Jack Charlton.
ski holidays
Mr Technique, The snow in the foreground is the Stade in Les Menuires so it probably is St Martin.
snow report
In the very background, is that another piste they've somehow kept open?

TIS THE DEVIL'S WORK
latest report
St Martin will be out of view, around the corner on that picture, but that does look like the piste leading down to St Martin.
snow conditions
You can still ski down to St Martin.

I did it on Thursday.....it felt a bit wierd!
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

what utter miracles the pisteurs are capable of

especially as (I imagine) they've not been able to make snow for ages and ages

Probably down to the snow they made before the season started on the home runs and the depth they build them up to. I remember skiing down to the bottom of the Ardent gondola in the PDS a few years ago and there was a 3 ft drop off the edge of the run showing how much they'd built it up.
ski holidays
Tuesday, 5-4-2011

After a rainy day most pistes have been flattened by the piste machine. The night frost transformed most pistes into icesheets.
Skiing during the first part of the morning was very difficult. Later the pistes became soft again and during a short time skiing was very pleasant.
In the afternoon more and more slush.
Overall it was a nice sunny day for skiing and sitting on the terasses.

The pictures of this Tuesday can be seen at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157626310569569/
ski holidays
rjs wrote:
Mr Technique, The snow in the foreground is the Stade in Les Menuires so it probably is St Martin.

The village you see is St Marcel and the small white stripe is piste Biollay to St Martin
ski holidays
some amazing shots, cant quite believe the degree of snow loss this early. Those people who blew snow all day in january must be thankful its still providing a bit of coverage and the pisteurs have earned their keep this season!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy