Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Class on Swiss Trains

Poster: A snowHead
Booked my transfer ticket from Zurich airport to Laax on Wednesday. Tickets arrived today, and for some reason I was given a free upgrade to First class Very Happy . Probably because I booked a ticket for February half term so far in advance!!! Does anyone know what extras you get travelling first class on swiss trains?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Drluvski, I think their intercity equivalent offers quite a luxurious journey in first class. I went to Laax last year by train from Zurich via Chur and unfortunately the trains on that route are a lot older and less luxurious. Probably a bit more room and more comfortable seats I would think.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Drluvski, you get a bigger and better seat and are more likely to get a seat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Basically as under a new name, says, all swiss trains are clean on the whole but first class gives you more space
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was hoping for some free food or drinks but more space sounds good. Only 92 days to go Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Drluvski, Nice journey, change at Zurich main station for the Chur train. At Chur walk to the end of the platform and up to escalator where a host of post buses are waiting for all the resorts served from there. Trains weren't that busy anyway last half term when I went.

Best bet is to grab some food at the Migros at the airport station.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Drluvski, I booked a first class ticket on my first transfer from Geneva to Saas Fee but it's not really worth the extra, as the standard class seats are roomy anyway. Colin B make a good point in stocking up at the airport supermarket.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the other hand, but not relevant in this case, in 2009 at half term I went from Zurich airport to Zermatt by train. The train from the airport was an intercity most of the way and was absolutely packed. 1st class on that was very nice and much less crowded.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, yeah, I almost always use 1st class, especially between Geneve and Lausanne or Zurich and Bern...as they're such busy routes

Drluvski, look out for the Swisstravel pass (available only to visitors) gets you cheaper travel, and possibly discounts #on lift passes. http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/en/

They're terribly well organised.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are more 1st class carriages then 2nd clas on most Swiss trains.

Many of the 1st Class carriages are "Silent" i,e no mobiles, music.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yup, don't expect dancing girls - just bigger seats and less people in the carriage / quieter
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Drluvski wrote:
Booked my transfer ticket from Zurich airport to Laax on Wednesday. Tickets arrived today, and for some reason I was given a free upgrade to First class Very Happy . Probably because I booked a ticket for February half term so far in advance!!! Does anyone know what extras you get travelling first class on swiss trains?

They are so clean you don't need to pay for 1st class but as its free.....excellent wink

Who did you book your train tickets with to get a free upgrade??
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We booked transfer tickets from Geneva to Zermatt for 4 weeks time and we received a free upgrade as well. Wasn't going to play the extra so a nice bonus. We booked with the Swiss Travel Centre in London.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Swiss Transfer Ticket is a return ticket from the Swiss border or one of Switzerland’s airports to your destination. (Ticket is valid for one month, but each journey must be completed in one day and on the most direct route). The Swiss Transfer Ticket is ideal for winter travellers and for those spending holidays in one location. The Transfer Ticket cannot be purchased in Switzerland.

Take advantage of our special offer and purchase a 2nd class transfer ticket before 30 November and receive an upgrade to 1st class - worth £ 41 - for free.

http://www.stc.co.uk/swiss_transfer_ticket_.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Swiss travel centre charges a £3.50 booking fee which Swiss Railways ie SBB do not charge so the upgrade has a cost of £3.50. I dont think SBB are offering the same deal.
snow report
Chris Brookes, riverman, I booked my ticket with SBB here http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/ The website says nothing about the free upgrade to first class, which is why I didnt expect to receive the upgrade. SBB also charged a booking fee of £3.50 when I booked.
latest report
Drluvski, With SBB now charging a booking fee this year then the Swiss travel centre offer is a free upgrade not a cost of £3.50 as I previously stated
snow report
You now can't book flyrail for the return journey if flying with BA....whats that all about ??
snow conditions
Is the 79 quid fare one way or round trip?

Not very clear on the site.
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Is the 79 quid fare one way or round trip?

Not very clear on the site.

That price is for a return
latest report
Many thanks.

Going back to the page it is very clear. Doh!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy